To those who read my "pizza fear" thread

Options
So earlier today I posted about my fear of pizza (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1049047-am-i-trying-too-hard), which some of you read and replied to - thank you!!

To give you an update, so today I came home telling my boyfriend we should have the very much needed celebration and having the pizza he had been craving for a while now (and so had I!)
So we ordered two medium pizzas, a garlic bread pizza, potato wedges, and coke zero. He ordered his mighty meaty and I ordered a bit lighter texas BBQ pizza. I had three slices of my pizza, two slices of garlic bread pizza, no potato wedges and no coke, had water instead. Before I had it, worked my *kitten* off for an hour and burnt 600cals (even though as you know MFP overestimates these). Ended up with a -6 red number on my calories, but the important thing his - there are still several slices of pizza left, and I'm not even tempted to have them. I'm ok. I'm not about to explode as I usually am when we have pizza, I am proud I had self control.

I am not saying I learnt how to deal with it all today, but I'm definitely one step closer.

Thank you for all your advice :flowerforyou:

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Freeze the pizza .
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOO HOOOO!!! HIGH FIVES AND A HUG. :bigsmile:
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for conquering that fear! That is awesome. Now since you indulged, next time you have the opportunity, I am sure you will be less likely to binge.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good decisions.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's great progress.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I crave pizza I make my own on a tortilla wrap, much less calories. But you are entitled to the real thing every now and again!
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    Great job! Isn't it a great feeling to realize you can do something you previously thought you couldn't? Remember that feeling the next time you're scared to order take-out, go out with friends, etc. You CAN do it, and you will again!
  • windstar57
    windstar57 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So earlier today I posted about my fear of pizza (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1049047-am-i-trying-too-hard), which some of you read and replied to - thank you!!

To give you an update, so today I came home telling my boyfriend we should have the very much needed celebration and having the pizza he had been craving for a while now (and so had I!)
    So we ordered two medium pizzas, a garlic bread pizza, potato wedges, and coke zero. He ordered his mighty meaty and I ordered a bit lighter texas BBQ pizza. I had three slices of my pizza, two slices of garlic bread pizza, no potato wedges and no coke, had water instead. Before I had it, worked my *kitten* off for an hour and burnt 600cals (even though as you know MFP overestimates these). Ended up with a -6 red number on my calories, but the important thing his - there are still several slices of pizza left, and I'm not even tempted to have them. I'm ok. I'm not about to explode as I usually am when we have pizza, I am proud I had self control.

I am not saying I learnt how to deal with it all today, but I'm definitely one step closer.

Thank you for all your advice :flowerforyou:
  • windstar57
    windstar57 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

That one sentence alone shows you are learning how to deal with scarey food situations and still stay in check. Very happy for you! You did well today!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Now you have some left over for breakfast! :drinker: It is a great feeling when you realize you have more self control than you think you do.

<---- Pizza also makes a great substitute for birthday cake!
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    youre gonna need to send the pizza this way, leftover pizza has a way of tempting one....
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    OH thats great!! you are able to eat a food that used to be really bad for you and now you can view it like just about any other kind of food.

i think this is progress.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good deal all around!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! It's a great feeling isn't it?
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL OF YOU!!!

Will start the day with a smile today :happy:

When we have 3D printers I will send you all a slice of pizza :laugh:
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! It's a great feeling isn't it?

It is a great feeling. Thought about a lot of everyone's words as I was eating.Specially "food does not control you, you control yourself".
    I is weird that I had these words in my head, I think, its like I was fighting an adiction... I never thought I was adicted to food, but I think I have (or HAD?) more issues with it then I realised!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I find that I enjoy the pizza just as much eating it with a fork, completely avoiding the crust. To s less cals! Who needs bread as a handle??? Not me and my 34 lbs lost!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    I find that I enjoy the pizza just as much eating it with a fork, completely avoiding the crust. To s less cals! Who needs bread as a handle??? Not me and my 34 lbs lost!

I love the crust, though :embarassed: