dark chocolate??

zrjp9
zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
I have done a little research and found that dark chocolate can have some great health benifits if eaten in moderation. When looking for dark chocolate what do I look for to find the healthiest options? Or are all dark chocolates pretty much the same? Also any tips on good brands would be helpful. Thanks...

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Its usually recommended dark chocolate that is 70% cocoa or more is the better one for you. I am in australia and we have Lindt here...they have lil 35 gram bars thats what I get when I have it :)
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Yuuum... the darker the better... check the ingredients! Less junk is more good stuff! :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    If I remember correctly, you want to find a chocolate that is at least 60% cocoa in it (or 40%. Sorry I can't remember!). I love snacking on the Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips to get my chocolate fix and they are at 60% and are easy to find. Sometimes I'll melt a whole bag, pour it into a tray, add nuts, craisins, and dried blueberries to make my own chocolate bars. Yummy! I can't think of any other brands at the moment but they usually advertise the percentage if it's higher.
  • zrjp9
    Thanks for the input...
  • medic0601
    medic0601 Posts: 3
    Lilly's dark chocolate :) it's sweetened with stevia and very low calorie!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I love Lindt dark chocolate. My husband picked up some 70% dark chocolate the other day from Walgreens and it was actually pretty good. Brand was Good & Delish (I'm assuming its their store brand) and it was 58 calories for 10 g (roughly 1 square or 1/4 of a serving).
  • hodie23
    hodie23 Posts: 16
    You can get the 70% at Aldis for a good price. It is very good. If you aren't used to the taste it takes a few times to get used to the somewhat bitter taste. I really like it, you may too. Happy snacking.
  • zrjp9
    Thanks for all the posts.. I went with the greenandblacks, YUM! I will be trying others.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Idk how "healthy" it is, but I love Doves dark chocolate. I usually buy a bar and have one or two little squares a day. Its just the right amount of chocolate to keep my cravings at bay.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Endangered Species 72% dark chocolate. Yum! It comes in individually wrapped squares that are 50 calories each and one is very satisfying.:bigsmile:
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    More cocoa % the better! I like them really dark (around 80%) and preferably organic. They are incredibly satisfying compared to milk chocolate.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Is there any other kind?

image_zpsbcdddb3f.jpg
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    I usually get the Lindt dark chocolate bars anywhere from 70% to 90+% when I can find them. Normally I get the 85% since the 90-99% is hard to find.