I am worthy of the dress!!! (with pics!)

Options
I love reading the success stories on this site. I find them so inspiring and motivating. I thought I would share some progress pics with you all in hopes that it might inspire someone out there who may be wondering if all their hard work will ever pay off (and because I’m so friggin’ proud of my accomplishment!).

The photo below was taken last October 2012. I LOVE that dress I’m wearing and when I saw that I looked like THAT in it…I was horrified! I couldn’t believe I looked that bad in that fantastic dress. That photo was the inspiration I needed to start making some changes.

30564dc4-049b-4567-bbec-834c7968656f_zps0da29fea.jpg

Well, I’ve redeemed myself and now I’m worthy of that dress! These were taken in June of this year at a 40-pound loss and I’ve since lost 6 more!

4e43d49e-7996-4a28-800c-7c2734b3605f_zps3f43b287.jpg73f04695-f953-44f5-8332-31e0c03fa2dd_zpsee6eebb5.jpg

I’m now down a total of 44.25 inches; 46.2 pounds; and 7.42% body fat and all but 5 of those pounds came since mid-to-late January of this year.

Other stats:
I’m 5’ 6” and started out at 238.2 lbs.

I started working out only 2 days a week back in October and slowly built up to 6 days a week now. I’m starting a weightlifting program July 29 (Chalean Extreme) that I’ll do 5 days a week (hooray for the extra rest day!).

I lift weights and do cardio but (for me) the most important thing that I’ve done to be successful and that will keep the weight off when I reach my goal (which is only 23 lbs away) is change my eating habits.

I discovered earlier this year that I have a severe food intolerance to egg and dairy so I cut those out as well as grains and sugar so I basically follow a Paleo lifestyle.

TFL and I wish you all the best of luck in reaching your goals.

Replies

• aspencer85
    Options
    You look beautiful!! You're beaming! Congratulations hun :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!! You look great in that dress.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You sure know how to accessorize that dress....you look fantastic. I mean FANTASTIC!
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • andersonh2007
    andersonh2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work and beautiful dress!
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    You were worthy before and are worthy now! You look beautiful and so very happy. Congratulations on all of your hard work and success!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, madame! And I do have to add: What an AMAZING smile! Before and AFTER. Love the dress, LOVE the success!!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    absolutely gorgeous but not just the weight....the confidence you exude is amazing...and that dress IS awesome!! LOVE IT
  • hevans1207
    hevans1207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! congratulations on the loss and great dress! :-)
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your arms look great! I am trying to lose the fat off my arms.
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    What an awesome difference! You look wonderful!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments! It really means a lot to me...:blushing:
  • granolagirl
    granolagirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look Fantastic! Thank you for posting. Very Inspiring!
  • glutesandabs
    glutesandabs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Woot! Looking great!
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    DANG!!! For real, it looks like a completely different dress - and look at those guns! And your traps - absolutely beautiful, congrats ma!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!