Running Music

Options
Hello there. I'm looking for suggestions for songs to jog/run up hills to. I like Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise' and James Morrison's 'Undiscovered" but that's about it.

No other songs seem to grab me lately the way those to songs do. Both of these songs have a tendency to make me want to jog up hills.

Does anyone have any special songs that move the body and soul through rigorous jogging time?

Thanks.

Replies

• Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished an awesome run with my puppy, and I was rocking to "number 1" by Nelly. Really - hearing "I am number one" while your running is great motivation!
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like "Going on" by Gnarls Barkley and "American Girl" - Tom Petty. I have a whole odd list of everything from the Beatles to Linkin Park that I run to.
  • diegogirl
    Options
    Depends what type of music your into I guess. I might suggest some old school like Dazz, Let it Whip... Ice Cube, Check yourself and You can Do it get your *** into it (haha)... Cameo is a fun to work out to for me. I like that sort of Funky stuff, hahhaaa.. Billy Idol is good, Missy Elliot, Rick James... Its all a bit funky.. But then again I also like some hard stuff.. like a band called Spahn Ranch, Heretics Fork is a good song and the band Front 242 and old school metal like Twisted Sisters, I wanna Rock... LOL... and of course Journey is great.... its all a bit eclectic and many more where that came from..

Hope that give you some ideas... you can also google best songs of the 70s 80s 90s heavy metal, rock, hip hop whatever and alot of bands come up that give some ideas and even for me that I totally forgot about and was like WOW.. Then I go to You Tube and upload them to MP3 (yes free Mp3 from youtube i found a site for that which is AWESOME)... Good Luck :o)
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    . Then I go to You Tube and upload them to MP3 (yes free Mp3 from youtube i found a site for that which is AWESOME)... Good Luck :o)

What site did you find, hmmmm? I could really use that if you don't mind sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • angiereid
    Options
    lady gaga, the ting tings, black eyed peas, flo rida, and disturbed
  • artbabe
    Options
    thanks so much for your ideas, ladies. Keep em coming! I'm gonna try some of those suggestions out. It's funny, I don't know until I try it out whether or not it'll be a good running song, ya know?
  • diegogirl
    Options
    If you run like I do you need HARD CORE music,, LOL i do between 9 to 10 miles an hour for about 20 minutes 4 times a week and its bloody painful.. I don't know how or WHY ??? but the music makes your freak sometimes.. HAHAHAHAHHAHA
  • artbabe
    Options
    what sort of 'hard core' music? 'happy' hard core from the 90's?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Movie/TV soundtracks get me motivated... the theme song from Rocky is on my play list along with the intro music from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :blushing:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    That Thing You Do
    Faint
    Papercut
    Scream
    Champion
    So Fine
    Rehab
    Fame
    Stupid Girls
  • diegogirl
    Options
    I think the most hard core that I listen to is a band called Spahn Ranch. That might be a bit much, HAHAHAA... I suppose its happyish, LOL.. I dunno just love the beat of the music. And older songs from XTC are good. The one song that really pumps me up is a song called Headhunter from a band called Front 242... Might be a bit much.. depends what pumps you up and gets you going I suppose, hehehee...... But then again Rapid Roy from Jim Croce gets me going too, ahhaha and thats far from Hard Core. Google the style(s) of tunes you like and from what time e.g. 80s 90s etc,,,, and you definetly will find a big list and alot of ideas :o)
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oooooooh! "Power" By Kanye West. Awesome to run to!
  • edorice
    Options
    Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars.
  • edorice
    Options
    bump
  • edorice
    Options
    I just downloaded Power by Kanye West. Pretty good tempo for jogging. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd say Katy Perry's I kissed a girl and hot & cold, Billy Idol's dancing with myself, Black eyed peas let's get it started, U2 beautiful day and Janet Jacksons If. Too many great ones to remember!
  • megaloox
    Options
    I listen to Girl Talk a lot while exercising. It's a single-man band, but he remixes some of the best oldies with some of the best hit songs of today. Most of the songs have a really good beat and they're a blast to listen to!
  • Sleepwalker1320
    Options
    Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne (Great running song)
    This Day We Fight! - Megadeth
    Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? - Megadeth
    Girls,Girls, Girls - Motley Crue

I listen to a lot of 80s metal bands. THose are just the songs i have off the top of my head
  • edorice
    Options
    I'd say Katy Perry's I kissed a girl and hot & cold, Billy Idol's dancing with myself, Black eyed peas let's get it started, U2 beautiful day and Janet Jacksons If. Too many great ones to remember!

I really like If, she has a good selection of music that has rock guitar in the background.
  • edorice
    Options
    bump