Juice Fasting?

Options
Hi!
i've recently started a juice diet as a 3 day detox (I try to detox 1-2 times a year) but have been reading about it's use for weight loss purposes?

Just wondering if anyone has done a fast intended for weightloss? Any insight?

Thanks!! :D

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    NO! NO! NO! No fasting for weight loss. Bad! You need food, you need fiber, you need energy and to deny your body that is a terrible idea. A quick fix is dangerous, temporary, and unnecessary. Do it right, not fast.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I detox everyday

by pooing, peeing and drinking water
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Your body does that naturally.

Maintain a caloric deficit + exercise = success.
  • lzcoker
    lzcoker Posts: 2
    Options
    Juice fasting is amazing...... remember, you are not fasting but have all the nutrients of fruits and vegetables. Since your body does not need to "digest" all the bulk, since this is removed during juicing, your body can just get to work repairing itself. I did an eight day vegetable and fruit fast and my edema went away, my night sweats disappears and so did my exema! Just note all your vegetable in the log and be on your way! Check out Joe Cross' "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" website and movie free online!
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I actually was gonna do this. Bought a juicer, $300 bucks in fruits and veggies...made it 1 day! Puked for 2 hours!! exorcism of brokensecret kinda puking! Ran a fever and cramped all night! Buuut...but but I did lose 5.5 pounds in one nightmarish, hell ridden day! Then drank some water and I'll be damned if those 5 pounds didn't find my *kitten* again ;)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Ignore top post, except this one and the one from aquarabbit.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options

Ignore top post, except this one and the one from aquarabbit.

and brokensecret ;)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Juice fasting is amazing...... remember, you are not fasting but have all the nutrients of fruits and vegetables. Since your body does not need to "digest" all the bulk, since this is removed during juicing, your body can just get to work repairing itself. I did an eight day vegetable and fruit fast and my edema went away, my night sweats disappears and so did my exema! Just note all your vegetable in the log and be on your way! Check out Joe Cross' "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" website and movie free online!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbO1B5FWbWJOsvybsB0uqSLQ1J6nV75ryfgJXuLvFin62p1LaV3g
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to agree with the "thats a terrible idea" camp. Seriously, that's a terrible idea.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's not TERRIBLE for you, but there is no reason to. Drink ample water and your body will detox naturally.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I do it as a supplement. I never did pure juice fast before but use it to replace breakfast and lunch. My skin cleared up and Eczema went away. and felt really good during the time. I did it for 5 days so. I do it as a maintenance thing 2 week out of a month. There is still a fair amount of calories in there so I cut it in half. If you were gonna do it. my recipe is as follows:
    1 bag of chopped kale.
    5 lbs organic carrots (leave the skin on)
    5 organic apple.
    1 lemon. (make sure you cut off the skin) the white stuff is okay.
    2 cucumber. (clean the waxy skin with a mild detergent solution)
    This yield about 50oz if you are doing a juice fast this will last you one day. Takes about an 45 mins to prep. but I use the slow juicer.
    so it takes more time to prep.
  • juicebabe2014
    Options
    juicing is great way to lose some weight, I wouldn't do it for long, I do a mixture, if I am busy, I will have juice for morning and lunch time and a meal (veg steamed and lean meat or some sort of protein)

Nothing wrong with juicing, if you have weight problems. If you are thin to start off with, I would not recommend it, unless you have been eating lots of junk food and want a fresh start to healthy eating.

I would never call it a fast, as I am drinking more calories then I would if I was eating. As I said before, if other people are saying you are thin, then you need to wake up and wonder why. When I look in the mirror, I see a fat person, I think it's in my mind, yes i do have some fat on me, the best way to sort that out is to exercise it off, to tone your body and start having some muscles. I've done some garden work, heavy lifting, I now have nice biceps and triceps definition, which I really like, so I am going to do the same with the rest of my body. I am a body rocker :)
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week just last week... It was hard and I'd never do it for the rest of my life.

However, it helped me to start with my new gym membership + 5:2 day diet. I lost a bit of weight (and I didn't gained it back) but my main reason behind it was to decrease my appetite and it worked so now I find that I eat smaller portions and overall it helped me control my daily calorie.

I'd not do it as a good weight control practice, for me I rather leave it as an experience and focus in 5:2 instead and to not limit the type of food that I eat (instead it's for medical reasons).
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it myself. However, I'd also never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do (Not a dig at anyone before you ask :) ) so try it and see how you get on.
  • Courtney_Pool
    Options
    I've done almost 200 days of various kinds of fasting and cleansing. It's amazing!
  • fastfoodv
    fastfoodv Posts: 41
    Options
    I don’t recommend it. It’s not healthy for us. Healthy, balanced meals are the way to go. I recommend following the healthy plate. One-half of the plate is non-starchy veggies, one-quarter of the plate is starch and the other quarter is lean protein. Fruit and nonfat/low fat dairy is outside the plate. Monitor portions sizes and prepare food in a healthy manner like grilling, baking, steaming and roasting. Also, don’t drink your calories.

Get an exclusive look at Lisa's new book STOP THE DIET, I WANT TO GET OFF! at www.stopthediet.com and visit Lisa Tillinger Johansen at www.consultthedietician.com on Facebook at Lisa Tillinger Johansen and on Twitter @LisaTJohansen