Flatten Stomach

Options
After my second child I have always had my belly still look like I am pregnant can't count how many times I have been asked when are you due

I am losing weight 48.2 lbs now but still my upper stomach is popped out like i am pregnant

So what exercises can I do that will help to flatten that out

stinks i see woman who weigh the same or more then me and they are big but their stomach actually is flat

People think I should were clothes that fit me more then lose baggy clothes but i hate it because every curve and bump is seen when I do that and I can't stand that

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    250 sit ups a day.
    it works.
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! Crunches and other ab exercises will tighten up your muscles, but ultimately it's fat loss that will stop your belly from sticking out. Obviously what you're doing is working- I know it's hard to be patient but you can do it!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Focus on workouts that heavily work the core, you will need to lose body fat from all over in order to really lose from the tummy area.

My best advice, it might be time to start lifting heavy as that will build muscle which will burn fat and will reveal the body shape you want to have.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise to spot reduce. Whatever you have done to lose 48 pounds, keep doing that. As you get closer to your goal and lower your body fat percentage you will see the result you are after.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.... IT WORKS!! The only way to tighten a tummy is to do crunches... but make sure you do side crunches (love handles), regular crunches (upper stomach) and leg raises (lower stomach) in order to see complete results... and most of all... keep doing what you are doing! It will all come off eventually.
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Planking helped me tighten skin after my 2nd child.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    250 sit ups a day.
    it works.

I hope this is sarcasm.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.... IT WORKS!! The only way to tighten a tummy is to do crunches... but make sure you do side crunches (love handles), regular crunches (upper stomach) and leg raises (lower stomach) in order to see complete results... and most of all... keep doing what you are doing! It will all come off eventually.

Ok gonna try the 3 you suggest and see if that helps

And to the person who said 250 sit ups a day yah right

and to the person who said tummy tuck thanks but no thanks gonna do this all natural
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise to spot reduce. Whatever you have done to lose 48 pounds, keep doing that. As you get closer to your goal and lower your body fat percentage you will see the result you are after.

^ This.
  • Alphaeater
    Alphaeater Posts: 12
    Options
    I second the idea of including planks. They never seem to get easier, but they really work. I've been trying them while raising one foot (alternating every 5 or 10 seconds)--that seems to work the muscles a bit differently. Side planks are also good, and an advanced move from there is doing a leg raise (upper leg goes toward ceiling) from that position.

You're more than 1/3 of the way there, b. You can do it. One day at a time.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! Crunches and other ab exercises will tighten up your muscles, but ultimately it's fat loss that will stop your belly from sticking out. Obviously what you're doing is working- I know it's hard to be patient but you can do it!!

QFT - keep doing what you're doing!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    As your bodyfat% drops you will drop around your stomach eventually, for some its the last to go (for me anyway). Unfortunately there is no spot reducing.

Id also do general core work to support your other day to day activities. Planking, Crunches, Leg Raises and Stomach vacs.