Which exercise machine is the best?

Options
I want to buy one-- a good one. I am looking for something that has different levels where you can adjust and something that will actually help you lose weight, where you can actually feel the burn. I am looking for something like an elliptical machine. What do y'all think?

Replies

• Jester522
    Options
    Your best bet would be an all-in-one like the bow flex or total gym - powertec is the top of the line. But obviously theres costs involved but its exponentially better than just an elliptical.
  • ksabourin67
    Options
    I used to go on the treadmill but now i use an elliptical. I get such a better workout on the elliptical. I sweat like crazy and feel like i am working hard. I joined mfp aug 5th or 6th and have lost 15 lbs and have increased my speed and resistance level from 1 to 3 on the elliptical.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    a jump rope or a set of kettlebells will do WAY more for you than any cardio machine.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It has been said many times: the best machine is the one that you will use consistently. So many people make a significant investment in equipment that they don't use. It might be a good idea to try out different machines in a gym to get an idea of what might be a good fit for you.
  • Jester522
    Options
    It has been said many times: the best machine is the one that you will use consistently. So many people make a significant investment in equipment that they don't use. It might be a good idea to try out different machines in a gym to get an idea of what might be a good fit for you.
    True. Id rather have a gym membership and be a part of a community.
  • kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have an avari GX8 elliptical. It's got more programs than I know how to work! lol I absolutely love it, but it's huge...just over 8 ft long. The cost is a bit prohibitive as well, much more than a gym membership would have cost me, but I'm just getting started and am too self conscious for public exercise yet. :laugh: I've got a treadmill, too, but rarely use it.

I just noticed that this thread is from nearly a year ago! Better late than never? tee hee