Anyone not successful when increasing cals to TDEE -20%?

Options
I keep reading about everyone increasing cals to this magic: TDEE -20% to lose. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and not been successful. Possibly gained or stayed the same? I'm losing at a very slow rate and considering increasing my cals (right now I hover around 1,200), but mentally it's a tough hurdle to clear. By the way, I'm 5'2" and weigh 128lbs. Thanks in advance for the respectful and helpful posts! :wink:

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The only way it wouldn't work is if you calculated your TDEE wrong, or you didn't take the time to find your true TDEE from the estimation. It's not magic, it's just science, and will work for EVERYONE, as long as you take the time to find your true TDEE.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i am by no means an expert but i guess you are very near the ideal BMI range, so supposedly you'd be losing slower than ever ,it is good that you are still losing,means you are probably doing things ok.you surely can increase your cals and wait for couple of months to see any change.good luck.
  • myralou88
    myralou88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're truly tracking and not losing weight, you might want to look into thyroid issues or eating to get your metabolism back in check. Check out Matt Stone or Leigh Peele's stuff...?