Sports Bra at the Gym

Options

Replies

• knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i cannot wait to be able to rock mine alone! so go for it! we work hard for these bodies, so show it off. plus i mean it's hot :wink: or something.. :laugh:
  • king752
    king752 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I guess people WILL perceive it as attention whoring.

I think 90% I see in sports bra are attention *kitten*, but I never actually went up and talked to them, so it's just first impressions.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how you carry yourself in it...you'll either be labelled as a show-off, attention *kitten*,etc or you're just another pretty fit girl at the gym.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. You have given me another perspective. I just need to stop holding myself back from being comfortable in this heat. Who cares if people stare. They stare when I'm squatting too. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop.
  • ChubbyMummy18
    Options
    I'm like you and would feel too uncomfortable to go in just my sports bra. I wish I had the guts to do it!!! So if you can work up the courage, I say go for it. Especially since it's so hot out. And you're in great shape, so it's not like you'll look bad. Do what feels right for you.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If I looked like you I'd wear a sports bra to the grocery store too haha
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Do it!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Still1Workoutatatime Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    do it
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well if i were at your weight id do it cause i know people wouldnt care.

but i do have that same problem. i still do now.

that i care what people think. sometimes i wouldnt go out cause of that. :L yet... why should i stop myself enjoying just cause i care what people think.

so if i had the body id do it.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    if you are comfortable with people staring, then go for it (:
  • littlefrenchshrimp
    Options
    If other people do it, then nobody will even notice.

However, being the only one can be scary, but if you are comfortable with your body, that's not a problem :)

There is another solution : special fabric tee-shirts, I have no idea how they are called but I have one. It is amazing, I still sweat but don't feel all sticky and disgusting. You can find them in sport stores.
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If my stomach looked like yours I'd wear a sports bra everywhere.
    Grocery shopping, to church, pta meetings....
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest.
  • No! Don't do it. It's not safe. People will just keep on looking at you then accidents might happen.
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    Okay for me! Pretty much the same thing as a bikini or anything else, people who go crazy for a girl in a sport bra need to get a room. lol

If you are confortable with your body , Do it !
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bare sweaty torso on a bench or weight machine is not a nice thought. Please use a towel under your body, or at least wipe down surfaces you have been in contact with. This is basic gym etiquette.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I have absolutely no problem with a girl wearing just a sports bra as long as it fits (If it covers everything and isn't see-through, it's good.). Likewise, if a guy wants to workout without a shirt it's his choice. Enjoy your workout!
  • raychulj
    Options
    haha some of these answers have me lmao!
    I did a compromise yesterday. I cut the sides on my tank top out and tied knots at the bottom creating "Vents"
    It worked when I was lifting, but when I did cardio, I wanted to rip the shirt off.
    So it only took care of half the problem.
    I agree with a PP who said if you're the only one it would be awkward. If I wore just a sports bra to my gym I would definitely be the only one. I would feel way more comfortable if there were others.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <
    I do what I want
  • raychulj
    Options
    <
    I do what I want
    Well come to my gym and be bra buddies with me so I don't feel so alone :flowerforyou: