To those who read my "pizza fear" thread

Options
2»

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it. I'm all about the pepperoni and cheese. ESP. If it's that little pepperoni that "cups".
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, I just rarely eat an entire pie in one sitting anymore. I have 1-3 slices depending on my current goals and leave it at that.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    this posting really touched me - - i have the same relationship with pizza......i feel like it is one of those foods that i have almost NO control over.

great great great job on working out hard, great job on realizing that you can still have it, great job on realizing when you are full.....instead of stuffing it all in only to feel sick and bad about yourself later.

you are AWESOME!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I've found I can quit after one piece. It's a big change for me. I feel the "my tummy is full" feeling kick on now.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    this posting really touched me - - i have the same relationship with pizza......i feel like it is one of those foods that i have almost NO control over.

great great great job on working out hard, great job on realizing that you can still have it, great job on realizing when you are full.....instead of stuffing it all in only to feel sick and bad about yourself later.

you are AWESOME!

THANK YOU! :happy:
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

YAY!! :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    Good for you. Freeze the pizza .

No need, the boyfriend is using the leftovers as his lunch for the next couple of days, will be gone before I miss it :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So earlier today I posted about my fear of pizza (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1049047-am-i-trying-too-hard), which some of you read and replied to - thank you!!

To give you an update, so today I came home telling my boyfriend we should have the very much needed celebration and having the pizza he had been craving for a while now (and so had I!)
    So we ordered two medium pizzas, a garlic bread pizza, potato wedges, and coke zero. He ordered his mighty meaty and I ordered a bit lighter texas BBQ pizza. I had three slices of my pizza, two slices of garlic bread pizza, no potato wedges and no coke, had water instead. Before I had it, worked my *kitten* off for an hour and burnt 600cals (even though as you know MFP overestimates these). Ended up with a -6 red number on my calories, but the important thing his - there are still several slices of pizza left, and I'm not even tempted to have them. I'm ok. I'm not about to explode as I usually am when we have pizza, I am proud I had self control.

I am not saying I learnt how to deal with it all today, but I'm definitely one step closer.

Thank you for all your advice :flowerforyou:
    Awesome, congrats on conquering your fear and taking a big step! :happy: