HI FROM ATHENS :) DUKAN QUESTION

Options
I Have been on the DUKAN diet and i have 2 questions for anyone who knows and is kind enough to answer.1st. I've heard that you lose weight super quickly but I've only lost 1kgr in a week , is this common? 2nd. is it harmful to my health?thank you

Replies

• kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    what is the dukan diet
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been on the Dukan Diet and I don't like it. It's just another version of the Atkins diet, but supposedly healthier. For me eating so much protein for a long period of time messes up my system, it makes me irregular so to speak, binds me up. Without enough fiber, veggies and fruit my body doesn't function properly. And the oat gallette isn't that great and didn't work for me. I mean for the first week I lost 5lbs, but when I introduced carbs again the weight loss slowed. Also once you're off the diet it's hard to maintain that kind of eating and you gain most if not all the weight back. That has happened to a few other people that were on the diet... so I don't like it myself. Right now I'm on the Shred Revolutionary Diet by Dr. Ian K. Smith. I like that so far, it's easier to follow and I'm not hungry on it. You can also make some substitutions and I lost 10lbs on it in 6 weeks. So I hope this helps.
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have been doing the dukan diet for about 3 weeks. yes first week u lose about 3-5 lbs and then it tapers off. i must say, one of the benefits for me is it supresses my appetite, but other than that, it is pretty much an atkins diet. make sure you drink a lot of water because a large intake of protein can stress your kidneys in the long run. i have been cycling out (altering the diet a little) but have found it successful. drink if you can 3 to 4 liters of water. how i get in my 4 liters a day:
    32 oz. during workout in am
    32. oz with breakfast
    32 oz lunch
    32 oz dinner

overall, i think dukan's is ok but its not any different weight loss wise than atkins, but that's just my experience with it so far. be blessed and keep at it.

strength training and cardio are what really blast the fat...for real!!!!!
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I havent done the Dukan diet, but i have tried the Atkins which is very similiar. I lost weight but really struggled after a week or two, mainly because i got heartily sick of meat and protein and really really missed vegetables and salad. (if you look at my diary you'll see why).
    No faddy diet that makes unrealistic dietary changes will work in the long term. Sensible portion control and the right choices are what work in the long term, plus increasing your fitness levels. You should be making a lifetime commitment to your body, not attempting quick fixes.
  • DESPEREAUX
    DESPEREAUX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you for the replies it's been really helpful I will see how it gets this week and decide whether I'll continue or not.I try to exrcise but not that much, i know this doesn't help...I also feel a bit dizzy but i suppose this is because i do not take much vitamins.:)