Please share something positive from this week :)

Options
More than one is fine!
Mine:
1. I finally weigh less than I did when I got pregnant four years ago
2. I had a friend notice I'm losing weight
3. I'm noticing subtle differences (pants looser, muscle development, even less back fat) :)
:happy dance:

It's a long journey (a forever/life change) and I'm happy with these little changes. One step at a time!

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    1) everything I tried on and bought for this weeks wardrobe update is in a size I thought i'd be at goal and I still have 10kg to go
    2) i'm eating healthily without thinking about it much at all now
    3) I had lunch with an old friend who I haven't seen since before I started this and she was speechless at seeing me
    4) I've damaged my spine...but the weight loss prevented it from being worse :)
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I got my erse back here and started logging again......
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1) I weigh much less than I used to
    2) My clothes fall off
    3) I used to do crash diets but have done it properly now so I may only be 6 lbs lighter than this time last year (I was doing a crash diet last summer) but I actually look toned and healthy this time rather than gaunt
    4) I'm going on holiday to Kefalonia on Monday!
  • curtis9120
    curtis9120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whuooooo! Under 11 stone. 10st 12lb when I get to 10.9 that will be 4 stones lost. (Only 3 lb to go)

Wedding Looming, can't wait. Have a beautiful dress that I bought 4 months ago, got it so that it was tight then, so fits beautiful now. Soo excited.

Keep on going. I stayed the same weight for 6 months and just maintained. Exercised and put weight on, toned up and now loosing again. Things that I have learnt, every MEAL OUT, bun, sos roll, choc bar or ice cream goes not on the hips but on YOUR SCALES.

(I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day, screen break 5 mins every hour, I now use a loo 2 floors down and have to run to get there and back, this started my fitness and standing up between calls also helped to get some movement in legs.

Good Luck
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've discovered insanity and have realised after years of doing it wrong that u have to exercise and eat clean together. I always thought I could get away with one or the other for weight loss. But without real nutrition you have no energy to exercise and without exercise your body does not use food as energy, instead it stores it and you still feel tired. This has been a revelation.

I don't have cravings anymore.
    I am enjoying my food
    I have the start of ab definition for the first time in ten years!

Wahoo!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I ache, which must mean I've worked hard. Surely that's got to be positive ?
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started exactly 1 year and 1 day ago on this journey, and as of this morning am 91lbs down! Yippee!

I have great friends on here, that really helps.
    I only have 11 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight, and I noticed this week that my shorts seemed looser (all bought mid-late this summer).
    I'm eating healthy without the cravings (not TOO bad, anyway) and have learned how to eat. I can budget my day ahead of time to avoid surprise calories.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I went to Body Pump even though it was massively hot and it was fab!

My engagement ring that I had resized because it was too big is now starting to roll around my finger again despite no changes on the scales for 3 weeks!
  • Kingacat
    Kingacat Posts: 33
    Options
    This isn't exercise related but I'm going to say it. I'm a nurse working with a lovely patient who due to his severe dementia is no longer able to talk. Additionally we weren't sure if he was able to understand what was being said to him. So we made a simple communication chart this week using pictures and he was able to use it! This means he can let his family know his needs and tell them he loves them. It was a warm, fuzzy moment and incredibly positive for him and his loved ones.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I reached 100lbs lost overall this morning, so I'm rather happy with myself :D

Well done everyone on your personal successes!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    PR on my deadlifts!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I am sore! I haven't been sore in a while, so it really feels like I put in all I had.

My husband held my face and said "you've been looking so much happier with yourself lately". We both started working out and getting healthier, and I guess it's starting to show.

My hair is looking really good recently. Vain, I know. But the weather has been so hot it makes my hair get all frizzy and then it feels awful when I sweat. I'll be happier when it's long enough for a ponytail. But this week was an ok week.
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1) Started logging here this week and have complete 5 continuous days of logging so far

2) Finally got my blood sugar level down to a normal 6 on this mornings reading!

3) Have done a complete week of exercising every morning!

Feeling great and feeling positive!
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your changes this week :happy:

Mine are:

1 - Logging properly this week (everything that enters my mouth)

2 - Have been to the gym everyday & have enjoyed it, feeling better for it

3 - Actually eating exercise calories so I avoid the dips and weakness feeling

4 - Haven't had binge thoughts in a while and seem to have turned a corner, dont feel deprived or on a diet, haven't had any junk cravings

5 - Lost a lb WAHOOOOOO:heart:

6 - Have been more active on the forums, which has kept me interested

7 - Have thought 'out of the box' when it comes to meal options & have opted for healthy and enjoyed every mouthful. Cooked Tuna steaks with success