Breakthrough

Options
I consumed WAY too many calories for breakfast this morning and I felt like I had let the day go to waste! I was tempted to eat whatever I wanted to for lunch and dinner.

I was thinking about how I had let things go to pot this weekend and I mustered up determination to salvage the day despite my morning binge. So I went to the cafeteria and loaded up on veggies and fat free dressing :smile:

It was a breakthrough for me! Normally I would let a few mistakes get me down and I wouldn't try to start over until the next day :bigsmile:

Replies

• klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I consumed WAY too many calories for breakfast this morning and I felt like I had let the day go to waste! I was tempted to eat whatever I wanted to for lunch and dinner.

I was thinking about how I had let things go to pot this weekend and I mustered up determination to salvage the day despite my morning binge. So I went to the cafeteria and loaded up on veggies and fat free dressing :smile:

It was a breakthrough for me! Normally I would let a few mistakes get me down and I wouldn't try to start over until the next day :bigsmile:
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!! I can't promise that I wou;dn't have let a bad morning ruin the rest of my day, but you did the smart thing - what great will power!!
    congratulations!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yay you!! :drinker: That is major. Good job!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You sound determined, and you did the right thing, as the body can go into shock without food, and you could have wound up making some really bad choices!!

Keep up the good work!
  • sarolyna
    sarolyna Posts: 15
    Options
    I've learned that breakfast is my make or break time. If I go a little wild, I just feel like I have failed and give up for the whole day. Good job on keeping your head together!
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    That used to be the same here but I managed to stop doing that, but now I unfortunately tend to drop the ball after a great day of eating and exercising and then snag a snack before bed. I think I do it because I have programmed myself to do it. And that is going to stop!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    OK, I know that I have posted this before, But I think that it bears repeating... Kinda goes along with this issue.
    I read something VERY logical that got my attention, I hope it helps you as well.
    Lets say that last night you forgot to brush your teeth. (In this case it was this morning.)
    Well Hell, Now your entire tooth care is out the window, I will just stop brushing my teeth completly, Heck while I am at it I think I will also stop showering and taking baths. As for clothes might as well never wash them either. because I forgot to brush my teeth I will NEVER RECOVER!!! :noway:
    If that sounds silly to you AND IT SHOULD!!! :frown: :blushing:
    Then Why oh WHY do we beat ourselves up the way that we do when we eat the wrong thing or skip a workout, Or eat more then normal at one sitting?:huh:
    Then Think we are damaged forever because of eating that wrong food and quit eating right all together? :huh:
    Not that one day of eating something wrong is going to make that much difference, and YES it WILL if you start eating the wrong things day in and day out because you ate it the ONE TIME!! GOD FORBID!! YOU ARE DAMAGED NOW!!:noway:
    But we have a tendency to think this way. and THAT has got to stop.
    There is nothing that says that if you eat more calories at breakfast that your whole day is shot. Nope that just means that you need to work out a little more to burn those extra calories. AND you are not as apt to over eat the rest of the day if you have a big breakfast. THAT has been proven Time and Time again by science.
    You are going to be just FINE dear. After all you DID eat better the rest of the day and THAT shows great strides in your progress!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    too funny but TOO true!! Never thought of it like that! Thanks for the insight :bigsmile:

OK, I know that I have posted this before, But I think that it bears repeating... Kinda goes along with this issue.
    I read something VERY logical that got my attention, I hope it helps you as well.
    Lets say that last night you forgot to brush your teeth. (In this case it was this morning.)
    Well Hell, Now your entire tooth care is out the window, I will just stop brushing my teeth completly, Heck while I am at it I think I will also stop showering and taking baths. As for clothes might as well never wash them either. because I forgot to brush my teeth I will NEVER RECOVER!!! :noway:
    If that sounds silly to you AND IT SHOULD!!! :frown: :blushing:
    Then Why oh WHY do we beat ourselves up the way that we do when we eat the wrong thing or skip a workout, Or eat more then normal at one sitting?:huh:
    Then Think we are damaged forever because of eating that wrong food and quit eating right all together? :huh:
    Not that one day of eating something wrong is going to make that much difference, and YES it WILL if you start eating the wrong things day in and day out because you ate it the ONE TIME!! GOD FORBID!! YOU ARE DAMAGED NOW!!:noway:
    But we have a tendency to think this way. and THAT has got to stop.
    There is nothing that says that if you eat more calories at breakfast that your whole day is shot. Nope that just means that you need to work out a little more to burn those extra calories. AND you are not as apt to over eat the rest of the day if you have a big breakfast. THAT has been proven Time and Time again by science.
    You are going to be just FINE dear. After all you DID eat better the rest of the day and THAT shows great strides in your progress!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...