Just don't understand

I have been on MFP for a 1 year now. I have lost 20 pounds. Today I when back to see how much I had lost from January 1 to now. I have only lost 5 pounds.

Here is what I don't understand. I am disabled and only have been able t do 30 to 60 minutes of walk everyday. When I started here my pants size was 24. A few months ago it when down to a size 22. Today I when out and got 2 more pairs of jeans. They are a size 20.

How can I go down 2 sizes in pants and only loss 5 pounds in 7 months?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Don't judge it by scale weight, judge it by body measurements, the mirror, and body fat percentage, that's all that really matters
  • Open up your food diary...
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Don't judge it by scale weight, judge it by body measurements, the mirror, and body fat percentage, that's all that really matters

For some its not all that matters. It is frustrating when everything but the actual weight changes. Yes it feels good to be wearing smaller clothes; feeling better/healthier; but its discouraging to still not be dropping weight; because without dropping weight you are not dropping your body fat and you are still considered over weight or obese.
  • Also, watch this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member

For some its not all that matters. It is frustrating when everything but the actual weight changes. Yes it feels good to be wearing smaller clothes; feeling better/healthier; but its discouraging to still not be dropping weight; because without dropping weight you are not dropping your body fat and you are still considered over weight or obese.

You can drop body fat without dropping much, if any, weight. I have only lost a bit weight, but I have lost a lot more in body fat. It can be frustrating not seeing the scale move, as that's what most people judge their goals by. But if you clothes sizes are getting smaller, you are getting smaller!

I find photos and measurements a much better way of seeing how well I'm doing
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I'm guessing you're diabetic?

If so, this makes the usual easy answer null. You're losing fat and this is a good thing :wink:
    I know it can be frustrating to see the scale do a slowww crawl downward, but going from a 24 to a 20 is nothing to sneeze at my dear :flowerforyou:

Edited for typos