ED Recovery & Body Acceptance

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm Jacqui, I'm 27 and Ive recently had an epiphany...

To be honest- its been a very roundabout, reluctant path to this point.

Last year I received treatment for Binge Eating Disorder- one of the very best things I've done and it has totally changed my life.

I am a massive believer in body acceptance- that its vital to love yourself at any size, irrespective of weight and even health. I've spent the last few years working in plus size fashion and believe that everyone has the right to wear beautiful clothes!

So with these things in mind- weight loss can feel fraught. But I want to wear better clothes, feel more comfortable in my body, have more energy and move with ease. So here I am. I'm so keen to get involved with this community.

I have 60 kilos to lose! I'm getting married in 2015, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here because of my epiphany- that I can accept myself, accept other people 'of size' and still want to lose weight.

I hope to interact with you all soon!

Jacqui

Replies

• JacquiLoves
    Options
    Oh I forgot-

SW 275 pounds/125 kilos
    GW 130 pounds/65 kilos

x
  • bethyrowe
    bethyrowe Posts: 3
    Options
    Would be happy to add you & help you with your journey!
  • melissa_dahmer
    melissa_dahmer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Body acceptance is the biggest feat I have yet to tackle. I don't have many friends on here--just my sister, and others that I know IRL. Mind if I add you?
  • lea123e
    lea123e Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I've never had any help for it but I have binge eaten also for a long long time. Not too bad at the moment but always in the background!
    Yeah....self/body acceptance, something most of us need to work on I guess.
    Wishing you all the very best, feel free to PM/rant if needed!
    :))