Special K vs Kellogs Corn Flakes

Options
I was out of my Special K this morning and had no choice but to eat Kellogs Corn Flakes. I went to enter it in my diary and it's a lot less than Special K. Isn't Special K supposed to be healthier than corn flakes? I will most likely be switching to corn flakes now.

Replies

• ArmyWife815
    Options
    I like the flavor of Kellogs Corn Flakes better than the Special K. You can add bananas, strawberries, or blueberries. It's a nice breakfast. Taste best with 2% milk though. Special K is marketed as their "diet" or "low calories" cereal but they have several that taste better and are low cal. I like Product 19 and the Bran Flakes too.
  • bathori
    Options
    They're both garbage.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    I was freaked out when I realized special k red berries was more calories than captain crunch
  • emersoam
    Options
    Corn flakes have sooo little nutritional value and will leave you starving in less than 2 hours! The best choice of cereal BY FAR is the Special K Protein. It is healthier than 95% of the cereals in the mass grocery stores. Plus, the protein is necessary for building lean muscle and (if anything) will keep you fuller, longer.
  • akilahtw
    akilahtw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thats nice to know. I keep Corn Flakes and 1% milk at work. Low cal snack and breakfast.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The dehydrated fruits and yoguts used in Special K adds a lot of sugar and calories into it. I did find a new cereal that I love which is the Kellogg's FiberPlus Cinnamon Oat Crunch. It's like a cinnamon cheerio. Yummy.
  • fitnesscalv
    fitnesscalv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat the box, it's probably better for you.
  • rachelh85
    rachelh85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On a slightly different note, a while back I read that Special K has the best combination of nutrients and calories for sustaining a low calorie / low fat diet, but only if you are above a certain BMI?! I'll try to dig out the article, but may be something to keep in mind. These things aren't always designed to be good for everyone.
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't think the special K with berries is a bad choice if you do need something sweet at breakfast and it's important to remember that just because something is lower in calories does not mean it is healthier - you do need calories to survive. You have to look at what is providing the calories to determine nutritional value.
  • cathyfigueroa
    cathyfigueroa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you guys having 1 cup of cereal our how much are you having? You know what is good instead of 2% milk... Soy vanilla it is great. I'm addicted to a banana with peanut butter on top. The hardest thing for me to giveup on is the one slice in the morning of Harmons georgery store bakery here in Utah they make organic bread with raisin, walnuts.pecans I can't stop, but I have to because I started this fat smash detox book I'm reading and there is no bread allowed. God give me strength..
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    I hear you on the Soy Vanilla. I also really like using the Silk Almond milk - I find it more filling than skim milk. :) Oh, and yummy, nutritious , and filling cereals - I suggest Kashi Go lean Crunch and Vector
  • FlashBang
    Options
    Check the glycemic index of each. I do not believe in bad food but I seem to remember that corn flakes had a really high index. Which means the cards hit your body like a ton a bricks. No big deal every once in a while, could be toned down with fiber, but special K may actually be better in that respect.