High Protein/Low carb and Poop

Options
13»

Replies

• UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Try to fit in a shot of lemon juice in the morning. Basically extract juice from one lemon and drink it first thing in the morning (after workout of course). Make sure that your lemon is room temp, roll the lemon before extracting the juice to make the extraction process easier, chase it with cold water and be sure to rinse out your mouth so the acid from the lemon doesn't mess up your teeth.

GOOD LUCK!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    GsEqj9D.png
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If all else fails take a dose of Phillips Milk of Magnesium (make sure to drink it with plenty of water per the instructions) at night before bed and the next morning you will (typically in my case) have relief. It doesn't make you cramp up or give you pains like laxatives and it is more of a gentle relief. However it does taste kinda gross (hold your breath while drinking it and use mouth wash afterwards).
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Add some flaxseed to your smoothies will help out some. Aloe Vera Juice is great for that you can buy that at any health food store. If you don't like it straight you can mix that in with any kinda juice. Drink lots and lots of fluids especially alot of water.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    A) Magnesium at night
    B) add chia seeds to your shakes
    C) More carbs at night
    D) Coffee
    E) Do a few bodyweight squats before going to the bathroom
    F) more yogurt and other probiotics
    G) If all else fails, mix up 3 tablespoons of unmodified potato starch with a fermented milk product an hour before bed. Warning - expect major flatulence!
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do not log consistently =( but I am a label-monger I read EVERYTHING and keep track of my cal intake. I do tend to drink my calories vs. eating them, I cook dinner and eat with my family but at work its easier to mix up a shake. I've heard about the magnesium, and I have been eating apples everyday. Past 2 days I've increased my water and still pooped up. Today I will eat double servings of legumes and cross my fingers. Thanks everyone! I do exersize every day, just not great at logging all my activity.

Get away from foods that have labels.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of coffee then smoke a cigarette.
    Works every time.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat like 50+ grams of fiber a day and plenty of fat and water on the low carb diet and have the same issues. Only thing that's helped me are colace pills, 3 a day (may be too much for some people.) Or maybe your body is just so efficent that you don't have a bunch of poop! :bigsmile:
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    im no expert, but i too have changed my diet and cut out a lot of carbs i used to consume like bread and cereal. i dont poop as much as i used to, but im not having issues. i mix Benefiber in with my protein shakes to supplement some of the fibre i no longer get from cereals. i graze on mixed nuts everyday which are a decent source of fibre, do you graze on nuts and raisins? cos that'll help.
    apart from that you might want to try some All-bran? all i have to do is look at a cereal box of all bran and i'm touching cloth
  • tingers53
    tingers53 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try magnesium. I take about 4 pills (500 mg) every couple of days and night. This has worked for me.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    im no expert, but i too have changed my diet and cut out a lot of carbs i used to consume like bread and cereal. i dont poop as much as i used to, but im not having issues. i mix Benefiber in with my protein shakes to supplement some of the fibre i no longer get from cereals. i graze on mixed nuts everyday which are a decent source of fibre, do you graze on nuts and raisins? cos that'll help.
    apart from that you might want to try some All-bran? all i have to do is look at a cereal box of all bran and i'm touching cloth

It's funny, because since I cut out the refined grains and added in more leafy greens (5+ servings a day) and water, I am crazy regular. I agree though, nuts and raisins are a great snack that helps fill in the fat and fibre requirements. My grandfather who is 90 and still walks to the mall daily (about 3km one way), has eaten peanuts and raisins as a snack his whole life. He's healthier than I am.
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! Last night I used a bit extra olive oil in my chicken, had moderate carbs and this weekend I will be heading out to purchase some benefiber and magnesium pills to add to my daily routine. I upped my water intake and apples apples apples. I truly hope this helps, it hurts not to poop! Thanks!!