I got to be on Good Morning America and CNN.com!!!

Options

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You're a celebrity! :)

Congrats on your weightloss!
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all counts!!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I am inspired again! This community is one of the best things I have found for motivation. I am impressed by the timeframe of your journey - it didn't happen overnight, but you didn't give up - either of you. That in itself shows it is much more than a diet, or an exercise plan... it is a whole lifestyle to be adopted permanently...
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tell us about the contribution of having a buddy on the same journey. Could you have done it alone? How did you support each other when one of you got very discouraged . . . wanted to skip a workout, wanted to eat badly, etc.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Very inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing your story!:happy:
  • raggedyanne5
    raggedyanne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in tears right now reading all the sweet, motivating comments about my story!!! Plateaued asked about the particulars of having a friend do it with me. Honestly I just don't know if I could have done it alone. But that is what is so great about the MFP community is you have a ready made group of friends suffering/celebrating right along with you. A couple months into the weight loss journey Diane and I realized we were food addicts. We took to calling each other our "sponsor" like they do in Alcoholics Anonymous. Food is my drug of choice, absolutely. Once we saw food in this way it all made sense. We always "confessed" to each other when we ate something(s) bad. Somehow voicing what I had done wrong took away the power that it had previously had when it was a dirty little secret in my head. And when we didn't lose weight on weigh in days (Monday and Friday) we would remind each other what we did right and that this weight loss is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Having a friend who just "gets it" and is wallowing in it with me made and continues to make all the difference.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing! What do you do for strength training? I saw the part with the fireman's carry and said wow!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing!
    You look awesome and buff! Congratulations!
    Inspirational, movtivational & truly shows your dedication to becoming healthier!
    You will touch so many peoples lives and make differences, without even knowing it , for so many!
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The power of friendship put to such positive use! Congratulations on all the life changes you made along the way!
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing these stories. I have sleep apnea and it never occured to me that it could be corrected with weight-loss. Something else to look forward to.
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing. You look awesome. I really thank you for sharing your story.
    It inspires me and helps me to realize that one day I can be a success! :)
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I saw the CNN piece when it came out. It's terrific. Fantastic work and inspirational to boot. I shared the article with some friends - we're all doing our own little B-L challenge in 12-week chunks (pun intended).
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your success, truly an inspiration!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Loved the video and your drive!! Oh, and I loved your voice, too... I sound exactly the same!:flowerforyou:
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    I just added your story on CNN to my favourites. Whenever i feel like i am loosing inspiration i can pull it up :)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That made me tear up :smile: (They need a happy-tears smiley!). You look AMAZING!!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    good job. you guys look great
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    What a great story and so awesome that you have each other!!! Very inspirational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!