Hello from Oxfordshire!

Options
Hello all,

I'm Thom, friends call me Rhodes. I've been with MFP for a while, using the iOS app, and now that I have a little free time I'm going to try and be active on these here community message boards because you all seem pretty down-to-earth and fun!

Me:

I'm 19 years young, 5'10 and when I really started using MFP I was 88kg. I'm now bordering 82kg. I'm an ex-boxer and rugby player so the muscle is (near enough) still there, just covered in the lovely lardy stuff which I need to get rid of! (before my holiday to spain at the end of August).

I'm currently a part-time minion at my local supermarket and a full-time entrepreneur setting up my second start-up. I'm also studying for a degree (long distance, with RDI) in business admin. & marketing.

I'm trying to get into exercising regularly (around an hour a day stationary cycling, everyday) with standard sit-ups, crunches and muscle building in my arms.

So yeah, hey! :D

Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oxfordshire too! :smile:
  • ThomRhodes
    ThomRhodes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oxfordshire too! :smile:

Whoo! There's me thinking I was all alone, would you object to me adding you? :smile:
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Of course not, add away! :laugh:
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    added! Motivation all the way! Haha.
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm oxfordshire too ( bicester) feel free to add me!
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Am next door in Berkshire - although after my recent mountain bike accident I seem to spend a lot of time frequenting the John Radcliffe for follow up appointments! Should be back out again soon though.

Sounds like you're well on your way to meeting your holiday target though.

Oh, feel free to add etc etc .....

edit - don't forget to check out the Team UK group!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Welcome Thom!

I'm a lifelong Anglophile, but as I've never been to the UK, my image is based on various BBC and ITV programs mixed in with anecdotes from people who've actually been there.
  • CaylaStacy
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Oxfordshire.. Feel free to add :)
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    Hello!

I'm oxfordshire too ( bicester) feel free to add me!

Hey Jo! I'll added you now, thanks! :)
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    Welcome!

Am next door in Berkshire - although after my recent mountain bike accident I seem to spend a lot of time frequenting the John Radcliffe for follow up appointments! Should be back out again soon though.

Sounds like you're well on your way to meeting your holiday target though.

Oh, feel free to add etc etc .....

edit - don't forget to check out the Team UK group!

Thanks for the welcome, it hope you're okay! Whatcha do, fall off the mountain? (Awful pun.. Sorry..)

I hope I hit my target, looking at around 15% body fat in August, thinking of adding before and after photos for the community to see,.

I'll add you now, thanks for the Team UK mention, I'll join it now ;D
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    Welcome Thom!

I'm a lifelong Anglophile, but as I've never been to the UK, my image is based on various BBC and ITV programs mixed in with anecdotes from people who've actually been there.

Thanks!

It's quite a nice place, well for the most part, if you don't mind the typical British weather, fly on by! Definitely visits London and Oxford if you're into historical buildings and other cultural things us Brits take for granted!
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Oxfordshire.. Feel free to add :)

Hey! I'll add you now :)
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I.m Oxfordshire too (thame). Please add me to, only just joined & lots to loose so will be on here for ages!!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi Tom - I'm not from Oxfordshire - I'm actually from Devon, but live in Hull now - anyway loads of us Brits (Oxfordshire and elsewhere) over here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/150-team-uk
    :smile:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome Thom!

Like what? I do wonder what British telly makes it over to you without being re-made in American LOL :wink: So I'm glad you like it British :smile:
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm from north bucks (Milton Keynes) if any of you guys want to add me feel free ????
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    I.m Oxfordshire too (thame). Please add me to, only just joined & lots to loose so will be on here for ages!!

I'll add you now! Oxfordshire seems to be full with people who are or want to be healthy!
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    Welcome Thom!

Like what? I do wonder what British telly makes it over to you without being re-made in American LOL :wink: So I'm glad you like it British :smile:

(Thanks for the team UK link!) I too wonder how we come across as to others around the world!
  • ThomRhodes
    Options
    I'll add you now Big Danno! (Great photo by the way!)