In need of some friends :)

Options
wcrathbun
wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Whitney. I have been using MFP on and off for about a year. I was doing really well from July to about December when I fell off the wagon during the holidays. Since then I have been anything but consistent but have, in the last few weeks, been doing really well again and it feels so great. The only downfall is most of my best supporters on MFP (aside from a few) either did the same thing I did and haven't come back or considered it a lost cause :( I would love to take full advantage of everything MFP has to offer, including all of you. If you would like a motivating supporter and would like to be the same in return please send a request my way :)

P.S. I am 5'4 and currently 215lbs with a goal of onederland for now, 125-135 ultimately, I am currently doing C25K (about half way through) and have a goal of my first 5K 8/30/13.

Replies

• hollyow1
    hollyow1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Whitney! I think you have some awesome goals! We are pretty close in goals. I am 5'3 1/2" and weigh 221. My ultimate goal is 130-135lbs. This is what I weighed in high school and I was really fit. So hopefully we can do this together! I have fallen off the wagon several times too. The important thing is that we keep getting right back up! I am also doing this because I have high blood pressure and cholesterol and I am at great risk for heart disease especially with my genetics playing a factor. What is C25K?
  • Ridgemom53
    Ridgemom53 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'0 and 207 pounds. My first goal is to reach 180 pounds. I would love to be friends! Anyone may feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • Phriezia123
    Phriezia123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi there! I am 5'2" and weight 247. My first goal is to reach 199, but I am so NOT motivated! Having trouble making wise food choices and portion control...plus, trying to get myself walking at least a little each day. I will be happy to cheer you on and would love to get some encouragement from you.
  • melissa_dahmer
    melissa_dahmer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to the whole "falling off the wagon" deal, as I'm sure most of us do. I was doing really well, and in better shape than I had been in for YEARS. But alas, I met a guy, we went out on dates a lot, ate and drank, yadda yadda, you know the rest. BUT, just like you, I have been back on the proverbial wagon as of a few weeks ago, and feel pretty good. I'd love to make some active MFP friends. Feel free to add me! :)

-Melissa
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You may add me.

*passes Golden Ticket*

:)
  • amp3435
    amp3435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 218 here (29yrs) anyone mind if i add them? also anyone please feel free to add me, i need all the motivation i can get!
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would like to friend you too.

C25K = couch to 5 K (running) it takes you from being a couch potato to being able to run a 5 k race. My D-I-L and some of her friends tried that a couple years ago but unfortunately didn't get far from the couch! LOL
    too busy with the children to stay focused I think.
  • tancon79
    tancon79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm really enjoying MFP but would like a few more friends to support me along the way.
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm on here every day...going on about 235 days I think. I don't post much but always encourage whenever I can! Feel free to add me!
  • Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am 5'4" and 181 with an ultimate goal of 130-135. Always looking for support here too!
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Thank you so much for all of your replies and friend requests. I tried to get everyone that hadn't already sent on to me, but if I missed you please feel free to add me :) Looks like I got quite a few good friends in tow! Thanks again :)
  • jezwins1
    jezwins1 Posts: 34
    Options
    hi there i am now on week 7 of c25k on nhs choices and am also doing a park run race in a few weeks time.. the c25k is fantastic and i think i am falling for laura the voice on the podcast. I dont look at myself as being on a diet but being on a lifestlye change. keep up the hard work.
    jez
  • 1caroline76
    Options
    Hi. Looks like our stats and goals are pretty similar. Friend request sent :)