Mommy's who have gotten rid of lower pooch (pics)

Options
Hi everyone!

I am very happy with the progress that I have had so far and never thought that my body would look this good one year ago. Of course, there is still more work to do! During my pregnancies my skin stretched a lot. I am now left with a patch of puckly, dimply skin that is not tight in my lower belly. If I keep working will this go away? Or is it just something I have to accept?

Luckily it is below most panty and bikini lines, but I really want to just be able to buy whatever bikini I want and wear it with no worries.

Ok, so here are the pics:

IMG_4125_zpsd3cf1191.jpg

IMG_4124_zps53ec95b9.jpg

IMG_4122_zps1ef08ad6.jpg

Replies

• tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom, but I truly think you look fantastic and you should embrace them.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I am grateful and proud of how far I've come. Just looking to see if other people have had the same issue and if they were able to work it away with exercise and diet :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no pooch for me, love my cat!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pics on my work computer, but I have the pooch. I've never carried much fat in my abdominal area (compared to other areas), but that pooch...I HATE it! I think the only way it will go is if I get down to like figure model body fat percentage. As I gain confidence, though, it bothers me less and less. I've had three kids. A little pooch and a few stretch marks are no big deal! Plus, the top half of my abs look great! LOL.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1z1cxtz.jpg

this took me 6 months. i still have the lower pooch a little, but i'm just going to keep going

oh my son is 26 so i'm not a new mom (well to me i still am) but i still had a pooch LOL :grumble:

just keeeeeeep going, it will take time but consistency worked the best for me
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what my tummy looks like. It's a little bit of extra skin, not fat so I think short of surgery I'm stuck with it. I'm not a big fan of surgery, so I'll live with it and be okay.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    after 3 kids i had a pooch. i don't have it anymore but i still have the extra skin. if i am really thin (if i go below a certain bodyfat % or below a certain weight) the loose skin is more noticeable. i doubt the loose skin will ever go away completely, i am okay with it though.
  • Ontaya2
    Ontaya2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is great results in six months what have you done ? How much do you work out per week ?
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is great results in six months what have you done ? How much do you work out per week ?

i lift weights 3x per week (stronglifts) and i run 3x per week

sometimes if i'm bored i'll go to the gym and do some extra cardio while watching tv LOL. i also wash my car by hand every sunday, take the stairs at work, and park farther away at work (now that i've been kicked out of my close parking space and relegated to a BFE [bum fark egypt] space somewhere else). I was mad about it at first, but then embraced it as an opportunity to burn some extra calssssssssssssssss :laugh:
  • Ontaya2
    Ontaya2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh Ok Well Great work ! How long do you normally lift each session and are you eating clean for the most part ?
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom (10 months postpartum) and I have that pooch that I don't think will ever go away. I started doing jillian DVDs and its helped a bit and now starting killer abs. I don't think it will ever go away but at least we can try to diminish it as much as possible. Let us know how your progress goes!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    ask your dr, i guess.

i have had 2 kids but never looked like that. i weighted 108 at the start of pregnancy and gained 19 1/2 lbs the first time, 20 1/2 lbs the 2nd time.

i'm 126 now but still never had that.