MCT OIL

Options
cfredz
cfredz Posts: 292 Member
Does anyone use it? I'm not sure if i'm really interested in the whole Bulletproof Coffee thing, I cut out coffee a while ago because it upsets my stomach. But I am intersted in using it in my protein shakes, salads, tea, etc
Has anyone noticed results from using this??

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use it? I'm not sure if i'm really interested in the whole Bulletproof Coffee thing, I cut out coffee a while ago because it upsets my stomach. But I am intersted in using it in my protein shakes, salads, tea, etc
    Has anyone noticed results from using this??
    I think maybe it's helped a little bit. For mental clarity if nothing else.
  • cfredz
    Options
    yea, ive read a lot of people saying theyve seen results bu theyve also made other changes in their diet so they cant pinpoint what has really helped. i guess it wouldnt hurt to try tho
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but my boyfriend has used it. I would say be careful when you begin to incorporate it into your diet because my bf got pretty bad stomach aches when he took too much at one time. I'd say start out with a little amount and see how you react to it and then slowly ramp it up. I think it's something your body has to get used to.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been doing bulletproof coffee for two weeks and here's what I can say: 1)Tastes fantastic and leaves me feeling satisfied. Literally the best tasting coffee I've ever had. 2)I'm very sensitive to coffee in terms of caffeine and tummy troubles. I have no jitters, rumble tummy, or quick runs to the bathroom. 3) As for weight loss...maybe? I lost 2 pounds last week, and I have been at a plateau, but its tough to say if it was the MCT oil or the added cardio. All I know for sure is that it didn't hurt!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but my boyfriend has used it. I would say be careful when you begin to incorporate it into your diet because my bf got pretty bad stomach aches when he took too much at one time. I'd say start out with a little amount and see how you react to it and then slowly ramp it up. I think it's something your body has to get used to.

I was told this as well. I started with 1 tsp/day and now I do 1 Tbsp/day. No stomach issues noted
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    yea, ive read a lot of people saying theyve seen results bu theyve also made other changes in their diet so they cant pinpoint what has really helped. i guess it wouldnt hurt to try tho

It's the change of diet.
  • cfredz
    Options
    I've been doing bulletproof coffee for two weeks and here's what I can say: 1)Tastes fantastic and leaves me feeling satisfied. Literally the best tasting coffee I've ever had. 2)I'm very sensitive to coffee in terms of caffeine and tummy troubles. I have no jitters, rumble tummy, or quick runs to the bathroom. 3) As for weight loss...maybe? I lost 2 pounds last week, and I have been at a plateau, but its tough to say if it was the MCT oil or the added cardio. All I know for sure is that it didn't hurt!

I quit coffee because of stomach issues, along with dairy. so coffee+butter, for me i'm not sure :[ i wish i could try it but im scared. I might just buy the oil and use it in smoothies
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It's the change of diet.

Maybe. I did it a year ago as part of a change in diet so couldn't distinguish then...

...but for the past six+ months, I've been back to my "old/regular/SAD" diet and when I have occasionally had a cup of bp coffee, I've noticed an effect.

However, I will concede that the explanation for this may simply be placebo effect.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The science on MCTs (Medium chain triglycerides) seems to be mixed. There is some evidence that it results in decreased fat accumulation but there is also evidence that it increases fasting serum cholesterol and tryglycerides. They might protect the liver but they also show inflammatory effects. The research doesn't find that it increases exercise performance. A mixed bag. I think I'll stick to food.

There's a good set of references to the research in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    MMMmmmm oil.

rhino-poop-o.gif