What song gets you off on the right foot each morning?

Options
I like different options for different moods. Sometimes a classic rock reminder from my younger days, other times a current country song that is fun to sing with, or maybe a classic Janet Jackson to get the feet and hips moving as I get ready. So, obviously I am not a music purist but instead a....non purist, I guess.....as I love and enjoy many many genres and artists.

Would love to hear what some of you love to hear in the mornings?

(No judgement of critism of individual preferences allowed. This is a music snob free zone : ) :wink:

Replies

• MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been a mix between my two current favorite songs: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen soemone that is totally dead to the world when he/she first wakes up, like their body is moving but the mind isn't quite awake yet? Yep, that's me lol. So I can listen to any thing in the mornings until I wake up. However if you mean when I work out, I'm a classic "Gonna Fly Now", "Final Countdown", and "Eye of the Tiger" kind of gal :wink:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Anything by Alestorm pre-coffee. It doesn't matter how beautiful a day it is, if I don't have my coffee, I don't like anything or anyone. After coffee I'd say "Golden Years" by David Bowie. Something funky, that I can do a little dance to. I love dancing in the shower.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I have two alarms in the morning, an alarm I'm allowed to snooze through and one I'm not. The first plays Bugger Off by The Real McKenzies and the second plays Attitude by The Misfits. I think those two pretty much some up my morning experience.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Should be the Beatles "I'm a loser" or Queen's "Fat bottomed girls".......................... anything really vintage or modern as long as it is upbeat and not rap.
  • jmorla
    jmorla Posts: 4
    Options
    Treasure by Bruno Mars. I love him but this particular song just make me want to dance regardless of where I am :)
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Same with Treasure ^ :)
    Safe and sound by Capitol Cities (I listen to that literally every morning) Haha
    and Daydreams by Flux Pavilion
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anything by Alestorm pre-coffee. It doesn't matter how beautiful a day it is, if I don't have my coffee, I don't like anything or anyone. After coffee I'd say "Golden Years" by David Bowie. Something funky, that I can do a little dance to. I love dancing in the shower.

Me too! And the water drowns out my horrid singing :embarassed:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I was expecting something different for getting off on feet. I like to listen to krunk music.
  • deb_137
    Options
    Have you ever seen soemone that is totally dead to the world when he/she first wakes up, like their body is moving but the mind isn't quite awake yet? :wink:

Haha... I raised several kiddos who were just like that : ) I was raised with a father that boomed "rise and shine" in a cheerful and energetic voice really early in the mornings so I wake up usually raring to go. Those kiddos of mine have threatened to bury me in a deep and dark place on some mornings when my chatter and energy threaten their zombie like status too soon after waking :yawn:
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been a mix between my two current favorite songs: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Mine exactly:happy:
  • deb_137
    Options
    Queen's "Fat bottomed girls"

Haven't heard this favorite in a while! Thanks for reminding me.... I may even put as a ringtone to make me smile : )
  • savgar32
    savgar32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wah- Wah or Apple Scruff by George Harrison~ either one does the trick for me.
    (and my guilty pleasure= anything by Beyonce) :wink:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". Can't be in a bad mood after that song!
  • Mysis1
    Mysis1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything by Shai Linne or Voice currently. A specific song would be Daily Gospel by Timothy Brindle; I mean, what better way to start the morning than to be reminded that even though you're going to fall (a lot) today, it's all already been atoned for! =)
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Got The Time" by Anthrax (it's a cover of a Joe Jackson song, I don't know anything else by Anthrax, since they're not my usual kind of music but it's a great cover, especially for early mornings)

Otherwise it'd be "I Hate Rock 'N Roll" by The Jesus and Mary Chain...any song that talks about something that 'effs with my soul' and has a guitar riff that sounds like an old school modem is alright by me. And it's the Mary Chain so it's a triple win.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "Good Morning" by Mandisa. Ultra positive, and just the right tempo for aerobics!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    For my morning commute it has to be shamelessly upbeat. Something as cheesy as ...

Walking on sunshine (Katrina and the waves), Footloose (Kenny Loggins), Joyride (Roxette), Fiesta (The Pogues) ... Chuck some classic rock in there and away we go ... I lob in some more recent stuff too, just to pretend to keep up ;)

And Montage by Team America, naturally.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    A large number of songs by Hammerfall.
  • mrsmimmy
    mrsmimmy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Matchbox 20's "Let's See How Far We've Come" or Paolo Nutini's "Pencil Full of Lead".