Getting remotivated to be fit by 50--anyone else like me?

Options
I joined MFP a while back (I tried SP, but found it too overwhelming, though a wealth of info.), am getting remotivated and I just joined Planet Fitness. I've begun incorporating green smoothies (never would I have thought they are so delish) and am reducing my simple carbs (cereal, bread, crackers, etc.), getting back with tracking my diet here on MFP.

The menopausal weight gain crept up--no--overtook me too fast, and now I have 5-1/2 months to try to be more fit before my "how-in-the-world-did-I-get-here-50th" birthday. Accountability would help me reach my goal.

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Count me in...just turned 44 the 10th and definitely pushing to get back in shape. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP about 10 days ago (haven't uploaded a photo yet) and I am loving it. I like you am celebrating my 50th exactly 7 months from now. I just joined a gym on July 1, before I started MFP and I'm trying to stay motivated as well. Feel free to add me as a friend as our goals are definitely similar. I want to be a fabulous 50!
  • Thefivelees
    Thefivelees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will be 48 in a couple of months and have my 3oth high school reunion in Oct. and a trip planned next year and I want to lose at least 70 pounds in the next year, but right now I am setting short term goals of 5 pound increments trying not to get disappointed. I work out 5X a week and have been going to a registered dietician and have a personal trainer every other week. I have lost about 11 pounds so far. I get very frustrated when I have been working so hard and the weight loss is so little. I would be happy to help you to stay motivated too!:happy: :happy:
  • Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    50 off by 50 is my mantra! I too am feeling that hormonal drag of peri-menopause. It feels like a brick wall! Feel free to add me as I am looking for support and motivation too!
  • Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    p.s. started the green smoothies about 2 months ago ....love them!
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also 49 and am trying to get healthier by the time I'm 50. Sending friend request.
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm SO encouraged to get replies from others like me! WE CAN DO THIS!! Let's really try to keep each other accountable! :smile:
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i am in.... just turned 48 last week and would love to get my body back, i seemed to have misplaced it somewhere :flowerforyou:
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    LOL.. see my profile! I am right with you on this one. :)
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    p.s. started the green smoothies about 2 months ago ....love them!

I'd love to know the combos that are your favorites!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    47 here, would love to be on maintenance before I turn 50!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Fit by 50 has been my goal since I started MFP last year. I'm 4 months from 50 and am now in better shape than I have EVER been! (Still have a few stubborn lbs to go to be at a healthy BMI, but feeling really good about my overall health and fitness level.)

If you want a friend who logs every day, is somewhat active, open diary (not that I am a good example of what to eat- I eat whatever I want as long as it fits the calories)- I'm open for new friends!
  • jlwilcox5
    jlwilcox5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Finally a group I can relate to! I turned 46 in May. In March I started going to the gym five times a week and following Weight Watchers. I lost 13 pounds fairly quck and then hit a plateau. I came back to MFP for the movitvation! Good luck everyone!
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    LOL.. see my profile! I am right with you on this one. :)

:-)... i know it's around here somewhere! I probably left it at the gym, just have to figure out which gym :-)
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 46 and not sure where all this weight came from! Just joined MFP.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined MFP over a year ago, but didn't really get serious about logging until this past April. I'll be 48 in a couple of months. You have inspired my new motto..."Fit by Fifty". I have a lot of weight to lose. In the past, if I didn't drop 20 - 30 pounds fast, I would just quit. That isn't my approach this time. As long as I can tell myself that I am making healthier choices every day, then I'll be content with a slow and steady weight loss. I hope you love MFP. You will find great support and positive people here. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, but with all of the same thoughts and goals. Decided to do this before it gets any harder, since apparently it just keeps getting harder. I used to be thin, and I have no idea why I haven't been the entire time. I mean, I know "why" but I don't know why it wasn't more important to me. Well, it is now. Always open to new friends my age :)
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and I swear my metabolism said to hell with me and ran away somewhere because its now harder than ever to maintain and lose. I refuse to give up or down myself. Feel free to add me.
  • trenee35
    trenee35 Posts: 143
    Options
    I am 50 in December. My goal is to feel fabulous and fit on my Fiftieth Birthday. It will be a lot of determination and motivation, but I plan to reach my goals by my Birthday. Good luck on all of your goals, and Happy early birthday !!!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I turned 48 last month. My goal is to be down to a healthy size and maintaining by my 50th birthday.

50 pounds lost so far, just another 200 to go. (just joined the site a few days ago but been working on my weight loss since March).

Feel free to add me if you like.

I don't do smoothies but I do a mean green juice every morning.