pizza hut Tuscani Pasta calorie question

Options
Although not "healthy" - once in a while I splurge at Pizza Hut. I still try to keep my calories in limits, however, and I'm puzzled. They do publish nutrition info but don't make it clear on the Tucscani Pasta just what a serving is.

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/PH&WSNationalBrochure4.13.10.pdf

You can order a "pan" which is the large size and a "family" size, then there is the individual. The nutrition info says a "half tray" is a serving, but it doesn't say WHICH tray, the "individual" size or the "family."

Although my gut says half an individual is probably a serving, since they don't even show the invididual servings on their website for the pasta dishes on the menu page, I'm not sure.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this question?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would definately agree Half of a family meal is not one serving, its half of the ind one
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would definately agree Half of a family meal is not one serving, its half of the ind one
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say that a serving is a half a size of the individual. :bigsmile:
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is for the Chicken Alfedo one and it is for 1/4 the entree, or that would most likely be 1/2 of the individual. If you like another kind, let me know.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1/4 entree (343g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 640
    Calories from Fat 300Calories 640

% Daily Values*

Total Fat 33g 51%
    Saturated Fat 11g 55%
    Trans Fat 0.5g
    Cholesterol 70mg 23%
    Sodium 1190mg 50%
    Total Carbohydrate 56g 19%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
    Sugars 6g
    Protein 28g
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other poster on this one. I made that mistake one to many times!! I only do Pizza Hut pastas once in a while because I don't have any control!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I read on yahoo the other week that Pizza Huts pasta is rated the worst (calorie/nutrition wise) in the nation. Yikes!
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Canadian website shows info as:

Family size - 1 serving = 1/4 order
    Pairs size - 1 serving = 1/2 order
  • rockinright
    Options
    Agree with the other poster on this one. I made that mistake one to many times!! I only do Pizza Hut pastas once in a while because I don't have any control!

Agreed. It made sense to me that it was half the individual but it was unclear.

To me it's almost pointless because eating half of one of those individuals is like being in high school, and getting to third base with a girl and then she says "OK I have to go home now."

Sorry for the crude analogy (us guys can't help it) but it's the best way to describe it! Some foods are just too tempting to try portion control on.
  • rockinright
    Options

I hate that so many things (grocery items and restaurant) are like that. If it's clearly packaged to be intended for a single person to eat in one sitting, then why not just adjust the nutrition info for the whole package? Nobody is going to crack open one of those and eat or drink half or 65% or whatever of it!
  • AvaReneMari
    AvaReneMari Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue so. Last night I ate a whole individual size of alfredo pasta,now did I ate over 1000 calories in one shot! Or I ate over 500cal
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is like asking if they half of a pizza is a serving, they mean a personal pan, or a large.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YUM...