Mom's with toddlers?!

Options
2»

Replies

• BreezySunshine22
    BreezySunshine22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I needed to see your post today! Really inspired me! The best day I had in weeks was when my 5 year old motivated to do a workout and did the entire thing with me! I know this lifestyle change is a journey, not a destination and It wonderful what we can teach our kids. ♥
  • jenga516
    jenga516 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi~ Mother of 3 kids: 10, 5 & 15 months. Also a full time teacher with the summer off but I am starting my summer camp job tomorrow. Ugh. I started regularly going to the gym in January and I swear the scale isnt MOVING...so frustrated. I need to connect- always on myfitnesspal app and need some regulars to chat with. Please add me!
  • 22pirtle
    22pirtle Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello. I'm a mother to a 2 year old and boy does he keep me going. Feel free to add me!
  • andersonh2007
    andersonh2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom of a very active 3 year old boy. Feel free to add me!
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I'm a mom to a 7 year old and a very active 2 year old! Would love to have some mommy friends to help inspire me :)
  • inspiration
    inspiration Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom with an almost two year old. I am lucky that I am a teacher and have time this summer to focus on me for once. As a mom we always put ourselves last and it is so hard to pull the pieces together. I'm with you girl, feel free to add me.
  • lupehughes
    lupehughes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first post on MFP! I have a 2 year-old and one who just turned 4, both girls. I teach during the year and stay home in the summers. I can relate to every previous poster, and definitely add me!

Some things that have tremendously helped: Online shopping!! We are fortunate to have two stores in my area that offer this. You just log on, choose your groceries, hit a button, roll on by the store in the swaggerwagon, push a button, and they come right out and load those groceries in your car for you! It has changed my life!

I joined a Y that has a child care room, so I do my class and then get a hot shower BY MYSELF. It's worth the monthly membership fee just to get that solo shower in peace.

I like to do Crossfit Travel WOD (workout of the day) style workouts when the kids are sick or it's too hot/rainy to get outside. I have a yoga mat, 5 lb. weights, and a resistance band, but I like to to the exercises that just use your body weight for resistance. Those are the cheapest kind, and you really don't have an excuse! I did this one while I strapped the kids to their booster chairs and put out a smorgasbord of food. They laughed and laughed at me. Here is the video that will kick your butt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6SV7q4Oa4aQ#at=11

Documenting my weight loss journey is key for me. I've been interviewing other women or men in my life that are inspiring and have lost weight. Check it out at http://lucyislosingit.blogspot.com
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have soon to be two year old twins. Feel free to add me too.
  • the4rascals
    Options
    Hi! I have four - ages 2, 5, 9 and 14. Feel free to add me! Reading about other moms with the same challenges is so helpful! Good luck with your goal!
  • lupehughes
    lupehughes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I've enjoyed seeing people's wall posts and such. I haven't had a great 2 days, but today is a new day and I've got healthy food stocked in the fridge and pantry. WE CAN DO THIS.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    there's nothing like a toddler sitting on your stomach while doing Jillian Michaels workouts and trying to do crunches

This is so true, lol.my 19 month old loves to do that!

I have a 4 year old and a 19 month old and I am also a full time student. It's hard to find time to squeeze workouts in but it is totally doable! Anyone is welcome to add me. I am here everyday and fairly active on the site.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Full time working single mom of a two year old. Gotta make the time for me. Which isn't so easy. :)
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mom of a two year old and 4 year old, worked 50 hours per week up until April of this year. It's a challenge finding time for me, I've had to find unique ways to incorporate the kids into my workout. For example I strap them into into a double stroller and powerwalk, we have relay races in our yard, my 4 year old will try to do aerobics with me and since he weighs 40 pounds I've added lifting him several times into my routine. Feel free to add me, love having the support of other moms!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mother of 2. One will be 6 in October the other just turned one and I need to lose 20 or 30 more pounds, feel free to add me ladies!