More B12 = More Poo?

Options
SageGoddess320
SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
For the past 5 days I've increased by B12 supplement from 1000mg to 2500mg. Holy poops Batman! Is this a normal reaction? Will I eventually get back to normal over time?

dumb-and-dumber-pooping-scene-o.gif

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't know O_O
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I really have no answer for you, I just LOL'd at your gif.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Is this the breakfst thread??

I had a BLT
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Poop may contain a fair amount of V-B12, but unless you're/ you were pooping green it probably isn't affecting your pooping.
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Poop may contain a fair amount of V-B12, but unless you're/ you were pooping green it probably isn't affecting your pooping.

Color is normal. Quantity & consistency...not so much. :laugh:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Color is normal. Quantity & consistency...not so much. :laugh:

Brb going to visit my lunch again
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Never heard B12 would make you poop more...can change colors yes...but add more...mmmm not sure.
    Are you sure you didn't add any more fiber or plants to your diet...depending which ones could be the cause.

Many roots makes you go. and for sure fiber lol....

Sorry I couldn't help more.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Girls don't poop.
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Never heard B12 would make you poop more...can change colors yes...but add more...mmmm not sure.
    Are you sure you didn't add any more fiber or plants to your diet...depending which ones could be the cause.

Many roots makes you go. and for sure fiber lol....

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thanks for the input. I haven't increased my fiber or fruit/veg intake. The only thing that has changed in my diet is the B12. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It could just be the rather large increase; I've never heard of B12 increasing poops, but I'm like you--the weirdest things alter my bowel movements. You could give it a few days (provided it's not straight out diarrhea, in which case you might want to check with a doc if that continues).
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    I used to only go once in the morning. Now, by the time I get to work, I'm running through the door with a turtle head! Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now! :laugh:
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    If your vitamins are making you do this....

TMOew.gif

You should reconsider...
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    OMG! Bahahahahhaha!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Turtle head? lol in my house we say that one is "crowning" LOLOL...

All I can say is that I need some B12, especially on days before I weigh in. :)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

TMOew.gif

You should reconsider...

omfg who does that? :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    never heard of that happening before.
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    B12 is excreted mainly through bile and the excess through urine. Never heard anything about poop. Iron supplements on the other hand....
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12, also named cobalamin, is a member of the B complex of vitamins. All the B vitamins, including vitamin B12 are water soluble, and excess amounts of vitamin B12 that are not used by the body are usually excreted in the urine. As a result, overdosing on vitamin B12 is extremely rare. However, even in small doses, vitamin B12 supplements may cause side effects.

Mild Side Effects

Vitamin B12, even taken in small doses, has been reported to cause a variety of mild side effects. A common mild effect is a rash, or dry, itchy skin. In some cases, the rash may become more troublesome, developing into a widespread rash, also known as exanthema, or developing into a series of red welts, also called urticaria. In rare cases, pustules or papules may form on the skin. These symptoms may last up to four months after taking vitamin B12 supplements, warns the Mayo Clinic. Diarrhea has also been reported following the use of vitamin B12 supplements.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/362206-symptoms-of-excess-vitamin-b12/#ixzz2ZVL3RLqN
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Thank you brandiseagrov!!!
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

TMOew.gif

You should reconsider...

she didn't even wipe! ..... : gag: