Replies

• wonderbolt
    wonderbolt Posts: 48
    Options
    bump
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    What does one have to do with the other?
  • wonderbolt
    wonderbolt Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm just curious. I think maybe I need to eat more
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    But what does that have to do with being able to do a pull up? The two really don't have anything to do with each other.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Lol, well my TDEE is 2000-2200 and cut at 1800. I can do unassisted pull-ups but know girls stronger than me deadlift wise or other lifts, eating more yet can't do 1. You need upper body strength and practice. What are you currently eating and what's your lifting program like?
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's genetics. My abs turn into 6 packs easily, and I can squat heavy. However, my upper body muscles are naturally small, and I have not been able to do a pullup since middle school. Pushups are also tough for me. I'm doing assisted pullups and working hard on upper body strength, but I may never be able to do one on my own.

The point is that you keep working to improve. Just keep at it, and you will get stronger. Whether or not you can eventually do an unassisted pullup is less important, although it's a nice goal to keep in your mind.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's genetics. My abs turn into 6 packs easily, and I can squat heavy. However, my upper body muscles are naturally small, and I have not been able to do a pullup since middle school. Pushups are also tough for me. I'm doing assisted pullups and working hard on upper body strength, but I may never be able to do one on my own.

The point is that you keep working to improve. Just keep at it, and you will get stronger. Whether or not you can eventually do an unassisted pullup is less important, although it's a nice goal to keep in your mind.

This is a great point and one I was trying to attempt to show. Everyone has strengths and weakness; upperbody strength for many women is the weaker area. As long as your lifting, working to improve, eating enough to fuel such workouts you'll continue to grow. However 1 certain calorie level doesn't automatically mean you'll achieve this goal.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Some people say, "pullups are made in the kitchen". But I think they mean pancakes.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    But what does that have to do with being able to do a pull up? The two really don't have anything to do with each other.

I'll take a stab at this.

My guess is that the OP is assuming that a female who can do a pull-up is probably engaged in a serious weights regimen. Most of the folks who are committed to weights and who train moderate-to-seriously with them eat a healthy amount, thus the OP asking how much people eat.