Smoothies

Options
Hi! I am in search of some very healthy (for weight loss) smoothie recipes that taste good!

Replies

• Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've been having smoothies for breakfast for the last 2 weeks or so and the ingredients are in my food diary (which is open). I keep the fruit in the freezer so that the smoothie is nicely chilled. I also add 100ml of water to the ones with orange juice for a better consistency.
  • NanciKlanderman
    Options
    check out simplegreensmoothies.com they have all different kids of smoothies. they use Kale or Spinach in their smoothies, spinach is much better, kale takes over there flavor. But if you like kale that is good then. I don't like Kale. Also check out Pinterest they post all different ones on there.

strawberries smoothie,
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup strawberries
    1 small banana
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup ice cups

I really like it :)

Banan Spice Smoothie
    2 ripe bananas
    2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon all spice
    12 ice cubes

I have not tried this one yet but it sounds good (but it may have a lot of sugar in it because of the bananas)

I hope this helps you out. Good Luck
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie for breakfast every single morning. My smoothie base is 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/8 block smooth tofu, and 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk. The base makes the smoothie super creamy and provides lots of protein. To that, I add 2 cups of fruit, part of which is almost always 1/2 a banana. Today it was 1/2 a banana, 2 donut peaches and 1/2 cup blackberries. Last week, I was eating banana, mango, and strawberries. You can basically just toss in whatever fruit is cheap and in season (or that you like a lot), and if you want to throw in some spinach, the flavors of the fruit will overwhelm the flavor of spinach.
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do smoothies too.. I made this morning's with nothing but fruit and could not drink the darn thing till I got to work and added some WATER to loose the sweetness some... I normally and will go back to it I do the kale ones I love them. I mix up a large amount and have them when I'm craving junk. :)

I don't measure much but here is the about's and when you start I'd add more fruits to sweeten it up a bit.

Organic BABY kale (i pull the stems off the ends) about 2 cups (sometimes I'll mix in spinach if I'm running low on kale)
    about a small banana (I peel, chop in chunks and freeze (PEEL FIRST)
    4-5 strawberries fresh or frozen I chop in half so frozen is halfs too.
    a tiny bit of ginger
    about 1-2 tablespoons of honey
    a teaspoon of coconut oil
    handful of blueberries.
    Almond milk (maybe 1/4-1/2 cup)
    greek yogurt or cottage cheese
    and tofu if I have it if not a little extra cottage cheese for the protein.

that is the main part.
    sometimes I add cucumber, cinnamon, cocoa powder (1/4-1/2 TEASPOON), mango, apple (good) make sure to core it seeds are not good for you on apples,

really any spice, fruit or veggie that you can think of you can add. I've used oj from time to time too.

I just try to get a general mixture of more veggies, less fruit and some protein and a good oil. If you add avocado don't add the oil you won't need it. the spices are just a bonus they help different things. google the ones you like and see what they mix well with and what they help your body with and use them.
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Everyday my husband and I split a smoothie made with:

2 cups kale (we buy this fresh, wash it, tear it up and then freeze so it's ready to go)
    1 cup frozen fruit (we are lazy/cheap and buy huge bulk bags of frozen blueberries/strawberries/mangos/cherries)
    2 oz of orange juice
    water to thin out

It's simple and it tastes good.. It's also very low in calories so I will usually have an egg or a piece ot toast/pb too.
  • anissabivins
    Options
    Thank You all very much. I tried one this morning and it was delicious and very filling!
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-shortcake-smoothie/detail.aspx

363 cals
    32.9 g protein

I'm making this one either today or tomorrow!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Apple spice protein smoothie, my absolute favorite!

1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
    1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
    2 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp honey
    6 ice cubes

It tastes like apple pie in a cup, trust me, this will change your life.
  • AndrewSmith2
    Options
    I own a NutriBullet, and found this smoothie to be very satisfying! It's officially called "Healthy Candy", and it definitely lives up to it's name! Enjoy!

1/2 cup of spinach
    1/4 cup shredded carrots
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/3 cup diced pineapple
    4 strawberries
    5 green grapes
    1/2 pear
    1 cup cranberry juice
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cup of almond milk, cup of ice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogart, 1 tbsp raw honey
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    This sounds awesome ... I'm trying it tomorrow morning!

Thanx for sharing
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • anissabivins
    Options
    zrjp9, I substituted the blueberries for strawberries and this one by far is my favorite so far. Thanks a bunch!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I only do smoothies when bulking, not when cutting fat. But my two favorites are:

2 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    2 scoops vainilla whey
    2 frozen bananas
    2 tbsp creamy peanutbutter

or

2 cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    2 scoops vainilla whey
    1 serving frozen strawberrys
    1 serving frozen pineapple

Combine ingredients. Blend. Drink. Be merry.
  • maryp1024
    maryp1024 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just bought a NutriBullet and it's the BEST thing I own. You can make any type of smoothie/juice you want. I usually try to use a vegetable protein like kale, with flaxseed and some fruit and vanilla unsweetened almond milk. I'm drinking two of those a day and eating right and exercising. Hope to see results soon!