You are so awesome, Tyler! :heart: :heart:
  • cath14967
    cath14967 Posts: 27
    Options
    GO TYLER GO!! Such an awesome story!
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Tyler!!! Keep it up. ODAAT ;)
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing thing!! You totally rock!! I'm also in recovery, it's been 3 years, 2 months and 8 days since my last drink. I also drank beer like you did. It was no problem for me to polish off a 30 pack after work everyday.

Congrats! You are doing wonderful!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You are brave and strong, Tyler. :heart:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    __you__re_the_man___by_dark_baudelaire-d52eg1t.gif
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    :drinker: <~~~gingerale cheers...my favorite!

Well done, Ty! Well done.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I love this! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • aldaroya
    aldaroya Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for fighting for and taking your life back. I supported someone very close to me while they got sober. Its hard and lonely. But after 3yrs sober he thouht he had it under control, he thought he could have a couple, he couldnt.......he lost his relationship, job, place to live, good looks, health,all his money. He was a good person it would be hard to tell that now ,i hope he someday will be again. You and everyone who gets sober give me hope that he will come back to us someday that he will fight again... good luck to you tyler fight fight and fight some more because your worth it!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best posts EVER!!! So freaking awesome. I know how hard it is. Keep that number going!!! :heart:

tumblr_l9zpt22vk81qzebcco1_500.gif
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Can't. Bump. Enough.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow...this is VERY encouraging--good for U! I think I'll share your story with someone very dear to me :):):)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This is so huge. Tyler, you are a rock star. I have no words. This is far harder than anything most of us have to deal with.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you but this post got me. There are some people in my life dealing with drinking problems, but it seems they are nowhere as strong as you. *hugs* Happy for you. Keep it up!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Tyler, I admire your strength, your humility, your humor, and your love of the tater tot. I'm so glad you are here.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    good for you, Keep it up
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this awesome milestone!! And here's to many more!! :flowerforyou:
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    THRILLED for you!! life is so much better this way. if ever you start to look back at where you came from, just remember how you got here--one day, one hour, one minute at a time :) this will always be the best decision you ever made.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Tyler, that is amazing. You are so strong and being strong cannot be easy. Keep up the great work and best of everything in the future!
  • shimmer615
    shimmer615 Posts: 55
    Options
    You should be extremely proud of yourself. My dad (now deceased) was an alcoholic for the majority of my 30 years. He fought the battle several times, because unfortunately, he used that to cope with the hard things in life. I know from experience, that once it gets out of control, it destroys families.

Each day that you are sober is another day that you can claim for yourself. You have control of what you do and the choices that you make, not some liquid mess.

Great job, and keep up the good work! :happy:

Edited to add: I'm honestly sitting here beaming at my desk at work. It's an incredible and incredibly hard thing to do.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!