The Ultimate Healthy Cheesy Bread-sticks Recipie

Options
getting_fit86
getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
Yummy! I have to share this recipe with you all. If any of you are like me you LOVE bread and cheese and everything yummy about bread sticks! These contain no flour and are very simple to make.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cooked cauliflower, riced
1 1/2 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt (could substitute with one egg or egg white)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
1 tsp of chopped garlic
1 tsp dried oregano

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, setting enough cheese aside for topping (1/3 of a cup). Press mixture onto a flat pan (a pizza pan works fine) and make into a square shape. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Once 15 minute is up, take out and top with remaining cheese. Bake in oven for another 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Cut into bread sticks and dip into marinara sauce or ranch! SO GOOD

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I normally hate these cauliflower recipes, but this sounds pretty good.
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Does sound yummy!
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It does sound good...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Misleading title is misleading.
  • getting_fit86
    Options
    Misleading title is misleading.

My apologies for the misleading title lol... They really are the ultimate "bread stick" in my opinion!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I have to share this recipe with you all. If any of you are like me you LOVE bread and cheese and everything yummy about bread sticks! These contain no flour and are very simple to make.

Ingredients:
    2 cups of cooked cauliflower, riced
    1 1/2 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt (could substitute with one egg or egg white)
    1/2 - 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
    1 tsp of chopped garlic
    1 tsp dried oregano

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, setting enough cheese aside for topping (1/3 of a cup). Press mixture onto a flat pan (a pizza pan works fine) and make into a square shape. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Once 15 minute is up, take out and top with remaining cheese. Bake in oven for another 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Cut into bread sticks and dip into marinara sauce or ranch! SO GOOD

Excellent
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...might try this. Here's to hoping that baked cauliflower tastes like bread!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    They sound yummy, but they should really be called "Cauliflower Gratin Sticks", it would be more accurate of a description than "bread sticks".
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this. thanks!
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I read the title.. I was thinking "this will definitely be a cauliflower recipe". I looked hoping to be pleasantly surprised.. I was not.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Once dipped into ranch, I would imagine the benefit of using cauliflower vs bread is pretty much moot.

Now I'm craving Double Dave's pepperoni rolls, dipped in ranch like I used to do on all-night cram sessions in college at probably 800 Cals per roll, not including ranch, and that's a conservative estimate. Good times. And good thing I tended to under eat every other day in college.

Probably a good thing DD's isn't available around here.
  • getting_fit86
    Options
    Hmmm...might try this. Here's to hoping that baked cauliflower tastes like bread!

Lol! It doesn't quite taste like bread. But it is a great healthy substitute that helps with beating the bread cravings.
  • AngieLynnG
    AngieLynnG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sum1s
    sum1s Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds delish :)
  • LisaWo
    LisaWo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you get cauliflower "riced"? Does it come that way or just cut it up super small?