Uncontrollable sweet craving

Options
I have a LARGE sweet tooth, once this sweet tooth kicks in there is no stopping it. If I get the craving for a chocolate chip cookie I cannot think about anything else until I eat that cookie and then I can't stop at just one. How do you control your cravings and get past them when they hit?

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As you said, once that sweet tooth kicks in there's no stopping it. Gorge yourself with cookies until you can't eat anymore. And then eat some more. Just don't count calories for that day and be sure to drink lots of tuna juice.

Dr. Oz recommends tuna juice for cookie binges.
  • LindaStL64
    LindaStL64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My doctor has me taking chromium polynicotinate supplement. Also known as chromium GTF. It's suppose to help with cravings and help metabolize sugar.
  • munchkin0518
    Options
    I'm sorry- what?? Tuna what??

Did I miss something here.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's right, tuna /jo͞os/ if you're unable to pronounce juice.

As long as your body is in sweet tooth mode, the calories don't count if you finish it off with some tuna juice.
  • Stay2theC
    Stay2theC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sweets use to be one of my downfalls too. I think what started to help me curve the craving was when I started eating more proteins than carbohydrates. Now I can still have my sweet fix, but not overindulge.

Check out the below articles below that may help:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/360021-what-makes-you-crave-sweets/
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/13-ways-to-fight-sugar-cravings
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That's right, tuna /jo͞os/ if you're unable to pronounce juice.

As long as your body is in sweet tooth mode, the calories don't count if you finish it off with some tuna juice.

:laugh:

...seriously though. Sugar begets sugar. I call it the "sugar train", it's a hormonal thing, once you eat a lot of sugar, your body prefers it for fuel, you have a crash and you want more. Only way to beat it is to do high protein and lower carb, find your own sweet spot that works for you. The "Zone" books are all about that.
    There IS something to be said about giving in once in awhile though.
  • vickyjane1710
    vickyjane1710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    im a major chocaholic. i find that cadbury highlightes low-cal hot chocolate works very well for chocolate cravings :-)
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    What are your macros currently? When I met with a RD, she said I wasn't getting enough healthy fats. She said the lack of the healthy fats in my diet were likely attributing to my cravings. Now, how we respond to the cravings is on us - one cookie vs the entire batch.