Need support - 10 K in 10 weeks

Options
All,
I am doing my first 10K in 10 weeks and on C25K - W3D2 right now. I am not sure if C25K will help me successfully finish the 10K with this speed. I am also doing a group training with friends every Sunday and with our plan we will be doing 6-7 miles at least once before the Oct. 6th which is my 10 K day. Other than that I am doing running twice a week for 2-3 miles.
I am not sure if that's enough to be ready for 10K. I am confident with 5K but 10K sounds little challenging to me and I am worried that I am training too less for it.
Anyone here has some success stories / tips for training for 10K ?
~ Sam

Replies

• uwsmama
    uwsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! Congrats to you! I am on W4D1 of C25K and just signed up for my first 5K for Oct 5th. That is amazing that you will be doing a 10K. Sorry I can't be of more help but just wanted to wish you luck & let you know that I have seen people mention a C210K on here. Maybe that would help.
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you as well.. Yeah I have the C210K as well on my phone. Its just the extension of C25K just that the workouts get harder after 5K ... more running very little walk.
    I have long way to reach there though :)
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sam,

You can do it!!! Just run for the experience. Don't try to run your 5k pace. Approach it like a slow jog. This is your first one and take this as a learning experience to get a feel for how to pace the distance. I'm excited for you!

:happy:
  • bramos1990
    bramos1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Impressive :smile:
    I hope you do great, one word of advice- keep jogging, don't stop.
    One fact I always tell myself when I run is that the hardest part is the beginning, where my heart is trying to warm up and
    struggling to get my breathing pattern going. After you push through the beginning, your body becomes warm and your breathing becomes comfortable enough the rest of the race will feel more relaxed (RELAX! tip) should be a breeze.
    Just push through and don't quit! Hope you do great!!!