"breaded" chicken cutlets

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
I'm looking for suggestions:

I used to take and pound out a chicken breast and lightly flour it and "fry" it in olive oil (or whatever I had on hand)

I need a healthier version of this. I also need to get rid of the flour but want a crust to it.

Thanks!

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I coat the chicken in egg whites, then roll in Parmesan cheese and "fry" in about 1 Tbs. coconut oil. Crispy and delicious
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    ohh ^ Awesome idea.

Thanks!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You could bread the chicken, only bake it instead of frying. Its not as yummy, but at least its not fried!
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like parm but don't cook with it. Don't laugh.....do you mean fresh grated parm?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like parm but don't cook with it. Don't laugh.....do you mean fresh grated parm?
    Fresh would probably be better, but I can be lazy and this has more f a breading consistency than shredding
    2103569012_53e04fb89f.jpg
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I dip the chicken in italian dressing (or egg whites sometimes) and then roll it in the crumbs, and fry with Pam spray. But like someone mentioned above, baking would be a good idea too.
  • cdougherty01
    Options
    Dip in egg whites + milk and roll in steel cut oats that I pulse in the blender until they are approximately bread crumb consistency. Bake and toss with Frank's Hot Buffalo = win.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I use cornflake crumbs and bake it. So crunchy and delicious!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I coat the chicken in egg whites, then roll in Parmesan cheese and "fry" in about 1 Tbs. coconut oil. Crispy and delicious

I'll be using this tomorrow. Thanks :)
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    dip in flour mix with salt and pepper (optional)
    dip in egg wash (with some worschetshire sauce)
    coat with corn flake crumb mixture (salt and pepper or your fav. spices)
    bake

delicious!!!

Now I'm going to have to try it with parm! thanks!
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The trick to baking chicken/fish/ anything that you want as crispy as frying is to put a cooling rack on top of a cookie pan, and then put whatever you are cooking on top of the cooling rack. Bake at a high heat (usually 425). This way the air circulates underneath and gets everything evenly crispy on all sides. I usually cook fish for about 15 min....chicken for 20-25. Also, if you use panko breading, those are great too as they are the crispiest with the least amount of calories!