One fitbit user's story--the customer service is unreal!

Options
I have a Fitbit Ultra, which I adore. I purchased it about 7 months ago. You’re supposed to wear it on your pants or on your bra, and I choose to wear mine on my bra. A few days ago, I noticed that I kept getting pinched, and it started to really hurt. I checked my Fitbit and saw that it had somehow cracked, exposing a couple of sharp corners.

I’m really careful with my Fitbit, so I was irritated. I’ve never lost it, dropped it, run it through the washer, stepped on it, ANYTHING. There’s a year-long warranty on it, so I figured I’d email their customer service to see if they could offer any help. I fully expected a hassle, but I was TOTALLY WRONG.

They asked me to provide my receipt, but after 7 months, AND a move, it’s just nowhere to be found. They apologized for the inconvenience, explained that they no longer even MAKE the Fitbit Ultra, but could offer a replacement with the Fitbit One. They asked for my information, and they’re sending me a brand new, black Fitbit One, which is the UPGRADED version of my Ultra.

I’m just so impressed and relieved. I’ve never had a better experience with a company. Way to go, Fitbit. I’ll be a customer for life.

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    They've replaced mine too. Outstanding service!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yep, they have great customer service! I had the same problem with my Ultra. Sent them some pictures of the cracks and they sent me a new Fitbit One! I kept using the Ultra until the day it finally died after having it taped to hold it together for a few months. They really do stand behind their one year warranty. I've read a lot of similar stories from people. They'll usually replace one for anyone as long as it's within the warranty period.
  • beckyholdenxo
    Options
    This makes me want one even more!!!
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Just adding that they replaced my cracked Ultra with a brand new One and I love it. I do fear it will slip out of the rubber holder so I am really careful with it. They need to make a better design next time around.
  • Leah_Sudela
    Options
    I washed mine accidentally last summer - they replaced it, completely free, no hassle!

A few weeks later... I LOST it.... they replaced it again. I was even willing to pay for the replacement or a refurbished one! They are totally awesome!

(Knock on wood)... i've been going good, happy and SAFE with my third fitbit ultra!

I am a bit jealous you have the upgraded one, I wish mine would sync to my iphone....
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My dad left his either on a plane or security airport in China or in Chicago. All day of traveling, who knows? He only remembers putting it on when he get dressed to go to the airport. Anyway, my brother said they have great CS and call to see if he could get at least a coupon or something since he only had it less than a month. They sent him a new one.