Counting calories on a day out

Tomorrow we're taking the kids to Day out with Thomas (Thomas the train that is). I know I'll be walking around all day and probably burning tons of calories, which will probably make me super hungry.

Should I log all this walking? Or should I just go over my calories?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I wouldn't log it personally.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Neither. Wandering around at a park or festival doesn't burn huge calories and there is no need to over eat just because you go out for the day. Enjoy your day being mindful of portions and choices. Drink lots of water and avoid the junk food.
  • Bring lots of snacks and water for the epic train adventure!

If you load up your mom bag with lots of fruit, veggies, nuts, and water you will eat less calories and feel fuller! Mix it up with pears instead of apples, plums, etc. Eating fruits you don't normally eat kind of tricks the palate into thinking it's a special treat. Also, it'll end up being way less expensive by not buying out.Banana chips...and ants on a log (celery/ peanut butter/ raisins) were personal favorites for me as a kid!

Might sound like a generic answer, but it's the truth. :)
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 189 Member
    You could always bring some healthy snacks to help offset the temptations of eating junk ... or you can have what I call a 'Treat Yo Self' day --- just don't go overboard
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Walking around isn't going to burn tons of calories. Unless you are keeping up a good pace and your heart rate stays elevated for periods of time.. but who walks around a festival like that?

Just go have a nice day and be mindful of what you eat. Or if you really want some funnel cake or ice cream or deep fried twinkie (or whatever your fancy is) split it with your family. OR just got have fun, eat whatever you feel like eating and move on with your life.