FRIDAY (July 19) MINI CHALLENGE

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
100 BURPEES (aka Squat Thrusts)

I know, I know... The dreaded Burpees, but they are a great cardio exercise that works out practically every muscle in your body! **If you are new to this exercise or you have bad knees, simply step back into a plank, hold for a beat and stand back up.**

Here is how to do high impact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LS3PunC_aE
…or check out this video to view a whole spectrum of low to high impact. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1bqF_WyLyU

Are you feeling *really* inspired today? Try adding a jumping jack in between each one.

Be sure to brag when you’re done!

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have heard people talk about burpees and never knew what they were. I can do the planking version, and will attempt the pushup one. I'm In!
  • Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I totally love how this is always a short replied challenge...I too shy away from the BURPEES!!! HOWEVER......I am gonna say "i'm in" this time and try the modified ones. 100???......meh.....probably not but I will give it a go. Let you know later how that panned out! Happy Friday!!
  • Happywife913
    Happywife913 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the modified version!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have to say I can't do these:) I didn't get all done from yesterday so I will finish those up and try to do some modified of these:)
  • Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok..I did try about 25...some(most) were sloppy and I tried the real ones. Thanks for the challenge!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm done!!!
    Edited to add: I'm not surprised that not too many people tried this.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    OK I managed 20 of these. Thank you for the challenge and showing me what a burpee was. I will try to do more in the future!