Scale junkie!

Options
I am on the scale all day long! Today I vow to only weigh on Monday morning(s). Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips? :heart:

Replies

• JessicaDawn
    JessicaDawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on the scale all day long! Today I vow to only weigh on Monday morning(s). Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips? :heart:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well-sort of. I don't get on the scale several times a day but I do weigh myself every morning. I find that it keeps me in touch with how my eating is going and also how my body reacts to different circumstances like how much(or how litte) water I drink, how my body deals with too much sodium and that time of the month. I don't record a loss unless I see the same weight for three days.

Everyone has different feelings on this topic, but I'm sticking with what works for me.
  • kismetplayer
    Options
    I seem to be obsessed with the scales and weigh myself several times a day.:blushing:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom then at night before I go to bed. Sometimes I'll weigh myself once in between those times. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm addicted too. I hid the scales from myself over the weekend but I found them. :laugh: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    cold turkey, don't get on it for a month.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I was totally obsessed when I first came here....I'd get on every morning, at the same time, same spot, same way (nude lol..because God forbid those undies add a 1/8 of pound if that lol)

but then Banks initiated this scale challenge and we stayed away from the scale for about a month....and I had my good and bad days...some days though I needed to know! lol...anyway ironic thing was at the end of the challenge my scale broke:ohwell: and I never bought a new one and I just now go w/ my measurements...which are consistently shrinking....so that makes me much happier than seeing water weight! ya know...lol I do go by what the doctor scales say though....

I'd try measuring too, just in case you can't kick the scale and it hurts your feelings you'll know you're measurements are the same....

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stay off it either! But I finally forced myself to ignore the impulse, as I really don't change from one day to the next. I only weigh myself on Friday mornings now, just before work. Then, and only then, do I notice that my weight changed.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

Scale junkie here!!! I swear..the days I don't weight myself ...are the days I end up packing on the pounds haha!
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i do a morning check in and then after the gym :blushing: i keep saying i will only do it on friday's so i have all week to make up for any weekend mistakes, but i cant help it lol
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    I am a complete SCALE JUNKIE! I weigh myself at least 10 times a day. I have to! I'm afraid I won't lose weight if I'm not holding myself accountable.

I do realize that I'm always 3.5 lbs heavier at night.. but by morning... it's gone.. and then some. I know what to expect from my scale... :heart:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning since I started with MFP in Sept 2007 (except when I'm not home)...it keeps me on track or allows me to relax a bit that day. I have been in maintenance mode for several months now, and I have a "trigger weight" that I absolutely REFUSE to go over ever again :grumble: ....if I see myself close to it, I am very very good with my food that day.......if I'm not close to it, I can consider a doughnut, a little more pasta, an extra scoop of potatoes, or other "treat" that day (oh my....didya notice they're all carbs!!???).:laugh:

This system has worked for me. I've stayed in a 4 pound range for 7 months.
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    i'm a scale junkie. i admit it! i weigh myself very early morning when i get up to let my puppy out, again after breakfast, throughout the day if i walk by the scale, and at night before bed. i was going to try to only weigh like once a week, but after being bad this weekend (darn 4th of july picnics) i have been checking to see if i gained much and if it is going back down. i think after another day or two i will stop and do it weekly.
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every few hours (I dont know why:blushing: ) but I am a M.A. at a local Doctor's office and he has this supped-up scale that is super sensitive to weighing, but I got sick of not seeing results every few hours (once again....i know....rediculous!) so I only weigh in Monday mornings before breakfast or coffee. Its much more satisfactory to me to see my weight drop a pound or two every week!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    scale junky here also :tongue:
    i weight every morning and most nights at bedtime. if the scale says i weigh what i weighed in the morning than i am a happy camper:wink: sometimes i weight during the day if i am feeling skinny. i heard once that if you feel your tummy growling it's chewing up the fat.:laugh: now that is on my mind when my tummy growls. but, not soon after it starts i need to really eat, or the headaches start and the blood sugar drops.
    chipper
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I am a total scale junkie......I am at least a 3 times a day weigher. YIKES!

I was just in Germany for 8 days with out a scale and was going nuts. Finally found one in the sauna at our hotel and had to go back to the room to get on the internet to convert the Kilos to pounds... how pathetic is that???

Happy Weighing!

lol

Ali
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    it seems like the weeks I'm on the scale every day are the weeks I don't lose or I lose just a tiny bit. If I can hold out a whole week, I usually see a nice loss...