NSV: Graduated to a real barbell

Options
squirrell79
squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
Ok, in the grand scheme of life, this is a baby step, but it's still a big deal to me: I can finally use a real, Olympic, 45 lb barbell. I've been using weights for a few months now -- dumbbells with Chalean Extreme (a DVD program) and then trying out barbell stuff with a trainer at the gym in the past few weeks. I could not have started with the Olympic barbell as it was simply too heavy for me, so we started with a Smith machine, then went to the Reekbok barbell (it's very light) with those neon weights.

Today I started Stronglifts. And at last, I finally used the real barbell. It was fun and made me feel like a badass. I played around a bit when I was done and discovered that I could add some weights to it and still do ok. I may have looked silly, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

I've had great newbie results with everything else so far, and I'm really excited to see what comes next.

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am only using dumbbells right now as I only have my small apt gym. But next month I'm going a real gym so it's exciting to move on to barbells. It'll be interesting to see what I can do.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! Congrats!

I think it's a pretty big step! If you're in for a lifetime of heavy lifting, you'll be spending a lot of time with that bar, and it's great that you finally get to meet!

Awesome job and good luck on your journey!
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's fun and I just wish I'd started sooner. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!