Any other night shift workers out there?

2»

Replies

• MairiK
    MairiK Posts: 9 Member
    I do night shift 2 - 3 a week, I'm on a 5 night stretch also. I've been doing this for nearly 9 years and it is hard to stick to healthy choices. I think the key as with everything is to be organised and to think and plan before hand. At 3 or 4am when i'm tired and hungry if i haven't brought anything healthy in with me I will binge on whatever is available- will power is non existent at that point in the night.
  • I thought it was the nights that were doing me in but lately it seems I eat better while at work than on my days off. It used to be that working the night shift was my enemy.....
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    I think planning is the key. If I haven't planned out dinner or snacks then I find myself eating whatever is at hand or going out to eat. Not good for the waistline or the pocketbook! I find when I plan my meals I can stick to the diet better.
  • I am so happy to find this discussion. I've recently changed to working nights 7p - 7a in ICU. I've gained 5 pds. even though I am drinking a lot of water and eating healthy meals. I do well on my days off. What is a good eating "schedule"? I usually wake up around 3pm and have to be at work at 6:30pm. Is it possible that not eating enough is the culprit?

I plan on starting to walk the halls more (when I am able to get away - which isn't often).

HELP! I've worked so hard to keep my weight off and now it's creeping back.

Thanks so much!
    Riley
This discussion has been closed.