Question about fitbit

Options
Wy is that every time I log in separate exercise like swimming, my fitbit subtracts that calories I've burned?? Ex: from swimming I burned 300 than my fitbit says -400. So if my calorie goal was 1500, by swimming it should be 1800 ( including the swimming calories burned ) but instead to like 1100...?!?!,!?!? I don't get it. Can someone using fitbit explain how this is calculated and if what my diary from payfitnesspal is accurate with these results?!?!?

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump.... Same issue!
  • mtbchk
    mtbchk Posts: 22
    Options
    Are you asking about the subtraction on the MFP site? It's subtracting your overall activity (earned calories) from what you've already eaten to show a "Net" for what you ate. It essentially finds your TDEE for you without having to guess and adjusts your calories for you.

Say your "goal" caloric intake is 1500. Then say you've eaten 800 calories all day today. And you swim and burn 300 calories and are otherwise active (walking around and such) and "earn" another 200 calories. Then your fitbit does an adjustment on MFP of -500 calories so that you have:

800 (food) - 500 (exercise, from fitbit adjustment) = 300 NET. Therefore, since your goal intake is 1500, you still have 1500-300 or 1200 calories left to eat to meet your goal.

The fitbit adjustment takes into account not only your logged activities, but your overall daily activity.

Hope that's what you're looking for.