"Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"

Options
So my daughter watched the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in school and was really excited about it. Out of morbid curiosity, boredom, and a desire to lose weight, I watched it on Hulu. I won't spoil the content of the show too much, but I will say this: I modified their plan and still dropped 20 pounds in 5 months. Not only that, but the weight stayed off. Most importantly (if you only remember one thing from this, let this be it) I no longer crave junk food because of this method. Imagine never craving junk food!

I challenge anyone and everyone to watch that documentary. It changed everything about me for the better.

Replies

• amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do you have any link for documentary...that would be great..thanks
  • buttonfeet
    buttonfeet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish. I saw it on Hulu. Try Hulu.com. Amazon and Netflix probably have it as well. Worth the rent, I promise.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I watched it and liked it, but guarantee you the haters will show up in this thread shortly...'where's your cited article proof', blah, blah, blah.

Good for you for inspiration to make some healthy changes. Food inc., inspired me 3 years ago and changed my life. And I don't care what the haters say, I know it worked for me.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    netflix has it. I liked the documentary. They even have a website. So I have a few questions that are a stumbling block for me. I will shoot a PM since you want to keep this spoil free, or something.
  • buttonfeet
    Options
    AHA! Here's a link. I hope this helps.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    if it touched a child it must be a good show.... or at least interesting enought to hold their attention....
  • buttonfeet
    Options
    netflix has it. I liked the documentary. They even have a website. So I have a few questions that are a stumbling block for me. I will shoot a PM since you want to keep this spoil free, or something.

Well, it's not so much a "spoiler alert" thing. Every time I mention to people what it's about, they get turned off and lose the desire to see the movie. Can't really blame them. I've been there.
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    I watched and I really enjoyed it. I'd be willing to give it shot to "detox" and not crave junk anymore.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I saw the movie and found it very inspiring. I think what's best to remember is that the guys in the film took it to the extreme! Most people don't need to go for the 'all or nothing' mentality of it!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I kinda liked the idea too, though feel a bit uneasy about it for all, especially if there is no ongoing medical advice...
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yea its a great documentary. Amazing how changing your diet can help you in so many ways!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I watched in on Netflix. I thought it was really insightful!

It inspired me to try the shortened 10-day regimen, but I lasted two days. >_>

But I did continue eating way more micronutrient - rich foods afterwards. My skin feels amazing and my insomnia has been very forgiving since then.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Glorified juicer commercial, which I shamefully fell for. Snapped out of it, thankfully, and never juice fasted. My wife uses the juicer to take a liquid lunch to work, and she enjoys it, so it wasn't a total waste. Just mostly.

Who'd have thought that if you stop eating food, you'd lose weight, eh? Shocker.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I watched it while frosting 48 cupcakes.

I dont really remember much else from it
  • Clschuler
    Clschuler Posts: 11
    Options
    I did it for 5 days and it was worth it, you are right the cravings for junk are gone. I plan to do it 3 days/month, the hardest part was getting over not physically chewing something and finding a drink that I actually enjoyed. Also, if you go to the website they have programs where you also eat during that time.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Watched it 2 years ago, did a 40 day juice only plan and dropped 40lbs in that amount of time So from 285 to 245. I didn't gain but 5lbs back when I started eating again because, well solids.

I will never do it again, I do not regret doing it. It was so hard but I felt like I needed something drastic at that time.

I still use my Lalane juicer.
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Watched it last year. We still juice, but not to that extent.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched it, but good for you for changing your lifestyle and making a better "you". Whatever works, I always say!! I have also cut out all junk food, not by juicing, but just by stopping myself from eating it. I no longer crave it either, and it's great. I don't miss it and I'm down 43lbs so far. Keep up the good work!
  • MistleToeSter
    MistleToeSter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just left a 50 day reboot, lost 27 pounds. I have yet to get the blood work back. Never felt better. How are you doing on maintenance.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Imagine never craving junk food!

You say that like it's a good thing.