any distance runners on here?

Options
whats your current pace and goal pace?

Also feel free to add me :)

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Current marathon pace from last fall was 8:06. Goal pace for this fall is 7:45.

Hopefully when the weather cools off the 7:45 will feel a lot easier than it does right now in 90 degree high humidity.
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    thats amazing, thats my 5k pace i couldnt even imagine doing close to that during a marathon.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did a 10K on the 4th at a pace of about 9:07, current goal is to be able to do a 9:30-9:45 pace for a half marathon this fall.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Running a sprint duathlon tomorrow, hoping to be under 10 min/mile. I did a 5k a few months ago at a fuzz over 28m. I am still a newb but getting longer and faster. PR for distance is 9 miles @ 1:43.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My 5k pace is 8 min/mile. If I go for longer runs, I am pretty steady at 10 min/mile. My current record is 8 miles.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My current pace for July averages out to just under 8 min/km, my goal for the end of the year was originally to be on average 7'30" min/km but thinking about shooting for closer to 7. This is for regular runs 7-12 km.

I haven't raced much and nothing flat since a half marathon in early March (8'19" min/km) so no idea what my 5k pace would be.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My current half marathon PR pace is 10:03 per mile. Working on getting that down to 9 min by October.

My PR pace for 5k was 9:01 per mile, I ran 8:55 per mile for 5k today. I think I finally got the 5th day of running a week to stick and I've added an interval day so I'm hoping these 2 things along with being able to get my mileage up to 25-30 with the extra day that I'm finally going to start improving my pace again (I started at 13 min miles for 5k last year).
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Last marathon pace was 7:40, training for 7:30 this time around (6 weeks into training for Chicago in October).
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My last marathon was New York back in 2007. I'm just now getting back into more disciplined running after a 6 year gap.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm working on being a "distance" runner, have done races up to 13.1. Working towards my first 26.2 in October. My paces are low sevens for 3-5miles, with mid-upper 7s or 8 for longer runs.

I'd like to be able to pull a sub-3:45 for my full in October. Feel free to add me, always happy to find more runners I can commiserate with :)
  • granitendirt
    Options
    I'm a distance runner but haven't been hitting the pavement as much over the past year. I think I'll still do my favorite half this fall. It's a hilly trail race. The last two years in a row I completed it in about 2:17. I thought I was on pace to PR last year but came in at exactly the same time.

If I'm feeling spry and want to run a moderately-difficult 5 miles, my pace is around 9:00.

Some PR's...

5k 22:54
    10k 48:08
    Half 2:10
    Marathon 5:22

(eta... Not sure if I should even count the 5k PR. That was from high school cross country.)
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I prefer to run half marathons because they are easier to train for.

Half Marathon: 1:47 was my best time. My average time is 1:55.

I run 14-17 miles every Sunday with a pace of 9:55. I run about 30-35 miles a week.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I did my first marathon in May with a pace of 10'45 min/mile with arthritic hips and all kinds of other ouchies..and I am still shaking my head with disbelief that I can make a valid argument that I am now a 'long distance runner'...
  • greengold
    greengold Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Damn, you kids all run really fast!

I'm much slower than y'all, but at 55 and running for 2.5 years, I'm reasonably happy with my own progress:
    My 5k PR pace was9:49 mpm; half-marathon was 11 something mpm (ran it in 2:37:19), ran my first marathon last Sept in 5:51:13.

This year my goal has been to "break the 30's": 30 minutes in the 5k, 2:30 in the half, 5:30 in the marathon, and to drop below 130# and 30% body fat for good measure. Already achieved the last one, at least according to my hand-held Omron bodyfat calculator; losing the weight shouldn't be too hard (8 lbs, although I am quite stuck where I am right now) Just started training for a Nov. full marathon with an Oct tuneup half, so we'll see about the big goals; hard to gauge actual pace ability in the overwhelming heat we've had the past few weeks!

And yes, I do consider myself a distance runner. I'm out there, slogging away, running, not walking. And I'm on my feet much longer than any of you fast folks to cover the same distance! :-)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first half and my current pace is 13.5, I am hoping to shave it down to 12 before my half on September 1st
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My HM PR is 1:43:05, but that was on a numb foot so we'll see how I can do with 2 good feet. That said I think I'm am going to take 2013 off from racing.
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my...uhh...I lost count of how many half marathons I've done this year. My fastest was 1:51:23. I'm training for the Portland Marathon and I'm trying stay at an 8:12 min/mile pace, which I've never done before. It's going to be TOUGH! It'll be my fourth time doing the Portland Marathon (8th marathon overall) and this time I plan to BEAT some RECORDS! WooHoo!
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I did my first marathon in May with a pace of 10'45 min/mile with arthritic hips and all kinds of other ouchies..and I am still shaking my head with disbelief that I can make a valid argument that I am now a 'long distance runner'...

You were a long distance runner WAY before you ever finished that marathon :D
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It depends on who I am running with how fast I am. By myself I can run a 10K at a 8:30 pace. A half marathon at a 8:45 pace and I'm working on training for my first marathon. So I don't know my pace.

If I am running with my running partner I run much slower. Usually at a 9:30-9:45. We chit chat and just enjoy the run, we don't worry about pace so much.

I will be running my marathon with her, I don't really have any timed goals. Mostly I just want to finish :)

Running 15 in the morning :) usually run between 25-35 miles per week.