Here I am!

Options
thinkbean
thinkbean Posts: 25 Member
Hi all:

I have had success with weight loss before (after having my first two children) and I don't have a ton to lose (I'd be happy with 15 lbs), it is more about inches and energy! I have too many of one and not enough of the other!

Here's me: I'm 35, and since I had my third child, I have not been able to get back to my goal weight of 135, usually due to lack of time and utter exhaustion. I am vegan (ok, 90%...I cheat and eat cheese every now and again), and my kids and husband will occasionally indulge in meat and dairy, although I love to cook and try to make things they will love so they don't miss the animal products (loving to cook is probably the main issue). I eat pretty well, honestly-- very few sweets and lots of vegetables. Carbs are my weakness. My brother is a holistic doctor, so I know the power of what we put into our mouths, but that doesn't stop me from eating vegan waffles and artesian potato chips on the weekend. ;) I feel like I am constantly hungry, or Iet myself go for such a long time without a snack, I am ravenous and eat everything in sight like a goat. It's quantity with me, not necessarily quality (carrots and hummus? Sure. Oh, is that a tomato sandwich? Great? Pasta primavera? Don't mind if I do...)

Basically, I'm tired of muffin top, the post-baby belly and jiggly legs. I want to be proud of the shape I am in! Two years ago, I did the couch to 5k program with success and ran my first 5k (29:45, so not too bad). At that time, I was doing regular yoga as well and was getting into pretty decent shape, but I fell off the wagon and have not been consistent about exercise since then. Going vegan in January (after a cleanse with my brother) helped and I lost a few pounds, but I really need a push. I am hoping MFP will help, and that I can fit everything in-- full-time work, three kids, and a great relationship with my husband leaves very little time for me.

My goal is 135 pounds, run a 5k in September to beat my previous time. Ideally, I will work out 4x/weekly-- at least one of those being a good sweaty yoga class.

Anyone out there like I am? I'd love to be friends with those who'd be willing to help me motivate myself to find time to work out and make good choices.

See you around these parts!

Sandy

Replies