new member - looking forward to this!!

Options
HELLO.... My name is Tammy and I'm 38. I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for 6 years but I had to stop working out because of a new job and then my eating habits, which I swore would never change, slipped right back to crap. I just started the site this morning. This seems like a really good idea. I've tried the whole writing down my food intake in a journal but it just never helped. This is definitely more real. Your progress, or lack of, is right in your face. I wish I had found this sooner.

Hello to all the other new people, and good luck everyone!!

Replies

• Corrie62
    Options
    Nice of you to join us. Welcome and good luck
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Welcome! This is so much easier than a food journal, and you have instant support and encouragement! You have done this once, and can do it again. I work full time and had to learn to findout what was in the food I ate every day. What an eye opener! That banana loaf, that I thought was a 'better choice,' I realized I may as well have that piece of cake and at least enjoy it!!! Now, I do...but it is once in a while, not an every day snack! :noway:

Anyway, the encouragement, awareness and great tools on this site will wow you! Also, unlike other sites...this offers great tools for fitness. I am 40 days in and have lost 10 lbs, but I got a great tip from someone who hit their gaol last week. Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is a great kick start. 20 minutes a day for 30 days and you should expect to see 10 lbs drop. I just bought the DVD and if you want, we can go through it together and see how it goes!
  • SlammyTammy
    Options
    Thanks for the tip... I'm going to pick up the dvd tomorrow!! I've tried joining a gym... and for a lot of people they work, but for some reason I can't get in the car to go. So I might as well just light the money on fire.
  • magichandsval
    magichandsval Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi im allso a new member need lots of support
  • magichandsval
    magichandsval Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :smooched:
    :flowerforyou:
    hi im allso a new member need lots of support