Couch to 5K people!

Options
Hey guys,
I've been on here a while, and thanks to a crappy thyroid have gained some weight recently. I'm starting the couch to 5 k app to help keep weight gain under control until I can get medication instead of being told I'm fine.

I just did day 1 today, and did 20 minutes of it before the heat killed me. So anyone who does it as well please add!

Replies

• beautifullyxbroken
    Options
    Hi there!
    I just recently downloaded the C25K app, too. Last Sunday I gave it a shot. It kicked my butt. I can't wait to do it again! The heat around here is insane, once it cools back down a bit I'll be back to it. In the mean time I've been walking/running in place in my cool, air conditioned basement. Not quite the same, but it's something :)
  • lea123e
    lea123e Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I start wk 3 of C25K on Monday, I am THE most unathletic person but am determined to finish it. I did it last year but was scuppered by repeat chest infections so am starting over :))
    Best of luck with the program
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    Congrats on Day 1, that is fantastic. I am on week 5 of workouts 6 days a week (normally short runs in the morning around sunrise before the heat hits here), as I am in TX. I used to be an avid runner when up in Chicago, as we had a fitness center in our building and as such, if I could get to work, I could work out. So I did a 3-4 mile run every day I was there. You did the first thing, and got off the couch which is the hardest. Stay focused on your 5K goal and I promise you will you will succeed in not just the race, but the weight loss. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, I am on daily, but either way, you have made the right move! Good Luck.
  • lisetteparks
    lisetteparks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it today. I'm going to start on Monday! I'm shooting for a MWF routine. I've out grown my asthma for the most part so running is alot easier now that I'm an adult.
    Good luck everyone.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing Week 7, Day 3 of Couch to 5k today! It was tough at first but I feel like in the last week or so I've broken through a "wall" that was holding me back. I'm on the "Run for 25 minutes without stopping" portion right now and next week is the "Run for 28 minutes without stopping." It was super scary on my first long run, let me tell you! But my distance and pace keep getting better and better, on Wednesday I did a 5k in 39 minutes, 9 minutes of which was walking. I didn't even noticed how much better I was getting until I did 3.1 miles and every mile took me under 13 minutes! Long story short, you can do it! I'm adding you. :smile:
  • HealthierFoodie
    HealthierFoodie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 and I'm surprised at how easy it is! I've heard that the transition from week 2 to week 3 is difficult but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I get up at 5:30 to work out so it's nice and cool, otherwise I would surely collapse. Good luck!
  • Primal_Warrior_
    Primal_Warrior_ Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    As of tomorrow I'll have completed Day 3, Week 2. Week 1 was on the treadmill, Week 2 I took advantage of the great weather and have been running outside in th sun. A lot harder to run outside than on a treadmill, but still averaging 4K within the time limit. Will reach 5K in no time. Any welcome to add me.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting next week (or whenever I get over this cold). There's no amount of tissue in the ´world that would let me run oudoors at this point...

Feel free to add me WITH a quick msg that you found my profile here.
    I'm on daily--and a religious logger when I'm not wasting away in bed. :wink:
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I got as far as the end of Week 2 doing it on Treadmill and then went on vacation.... Would love to build up the endurance to actually jog for real -- that is my ultimate goal!

Feel free to add me and to anyone else.... I've been on here a couple of months now and am enjoying the site, the motivation and seeing stories of REAL people... :happy:
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week three here! I'm supposed to have finished week three this week but I think I'm going to do it again. I've only done it "by the books" once. I don't know if it's the 90 degree weather or the fact that I'm running at a different place but it's tough. Good luck you CAN do it!
  • homofit
    homofit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    whoops i don't know what any of that means but hello whovian!!
  • nankisyal1
    Options
    i'm on week 2 day 1! It's kinda hard to go every other day right now with the rain and the heat, but I try to keep myself motivated. Feel free to add me!
  • Irisvguitar
    Irisvguitar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP. I started C25k because I want to do the color run in november :)
  • collinmacmillan1
    Options
    we completed the couch to 5k about 2 weeks ago, we're now up to 45 minutes of straight running. I've gone from 280lbs to 255lbs from MFP and running. Only 55lbs away from my goal now!

We used the get running app which is a fantastic program. Now that we've graduated form that, we're using the Nike+ app to track our runs.
  • nitza53
    nitza53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey is there a couch to walk 5 K app? I'm 60 and will never be able to jog.!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just finished w2d3 today! I'm super excited and nervous for w3d1! 3 minutes sounds like a long time. Although, I did go 'free range' today and it seemed like I ran forever. It really has been working for me so far! Anyone who wants is more then welcome to add me! I'm just excited to get to run again, I never thought it was going to happen! But I'm doing really good so I can't wait to see how far this takes me.
  • zephyrq
    zephyrq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will be running w2d3 in about 9 hours -- feel free to add if you'd like.
  • danglewtf
    danglewtf Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm up to wk5d2, with 2x8 min runs, and I'm fangin' to get into it! I never thought I'd be excited about something like this :-D
    Even reaching week 5 has been a big deal for me. I've bombed out before completing week 4 a few times with the spectre of the longer runs having me completely spooked, so this is huge :-)

Congratulations on getting started!
  • danglewtf
    danglewtf Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey is there a couch to walk 5 K app? I'm 60 and will never be able to jog.!

Never say "never", nitza53! That said, there's no reason you can't use the app to walk the distances - for the walk stages you can do as gentle a walk as you feel comfortable with, then when the app says "run" just increase your walking speed :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c to 5k! I go early in the morning, before it gets too hot! I work 3rd shift, so I just go when I get off in the morning.