Not a bucket list, but maybe a skinny list?

Options
I probably didn't word the title correctly since each of us have different goals whether maintaining, losing, or gaining weight and ultimately living healthier.

My goal is to lose weight - a lot of it! I was thinking about the reward once I reach my goal... what will I reward myself with? I can think of a couple of things that I will be rewarding myself with anyway - good health and energy. As far as other rewards, I've only thought of one so far.

When I was in my 20's my grandmother told me she would give me $100 if I lost weight. It really pissed me off that she said that; so when I meet my goal, the first thing I am going to do is blow $100 on anything besides a necessity. Maybe brightening a homeless person's day... I think it would feel good to give it to someone in need.

What things are on your list for rewarding yourself? A vacation? A new bikini? A cruise?

Replies

• mojoinaboxx
    mojoinaboxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So going to ride a roller coaster don't care which one I haven't been to fit in the seats for a while now and I feel like its in site. BTW Great topic!!
  • native2music
    Options
    So going to ride a roller coaster don't care which one I haven't been to fit in the seats for a while now and I feel like its in site. BTW Great topic!!

I love coasters! The last time I went to something like an amusement park was a county fair. They had a ride there from my childhood called "The Himalayas". It was my favorite ride cause they always play kick @ss music while in motion. The bad thing about it was that they put me to the outside cause I was bigger than my boyfriend and son. The centrifugal force caused me to be squished. I was laughing the whole time cause I could only imagine what a pudgy girl looked like squished by 2 grown guys half her size. ehhhh... yeah great idea! I might add that one to my list and put them on the outside :tongue:
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I probably didn't word the title correctly since each of us have different goals whether maintaining, losing, or gaining weight and ultimately living healthier.

My goal is to lose weight - a lot of it! I was thinking about the reward once I reach my goal... what will I reward myself with? I can think of a couple of things that I will be rewarding myself with anyway - good health and energy. As far as other rewards, I've only thought of one so far.

When I was in my 20's my grandmother told me she would give me $100 if I lost weight. It really pissed me off that she said that; so when I meet my goal, the first thing I am going to do is blow $100 on anything besides a necessity. Maybe brightening a homeless person's day... I think it would feel good to give it to someone in need.

What things are on your list for rewarding yourself? A vacation? A new bikini? A cruise?

A new wardrobe...and it will not include a bikini...lol...I am not read to brave that one yet.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The standard response... A real bathing suit (not a tankini or shorts and t-shirt (not even going to dream about a bikini (yet?))).

P.S. Not to stir up any animosity... But if you decide to give out your $100 (which is a great idea), please consider donating it to an organization of you choice instead. I know there are those less fortunate who are homeless who need the money, but I also know there are those who take the money and use it for drugs and/or alcohol. If the homeless is who you are drawn to help, then maybe The Salvation Army.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A new wardrobe and a makeover, I think. Being able to shop for clothes in a "regular" store without seeing Plus Size on the tag will be wonderful.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You really MUST reward yourself with this.

cauliflower.jpg
  • native2music
    Options
    I don't think I will want a bikini either. I've always liked one-pieces or the boy shorts with a top that covers my tummy.
  • native2music
    Options
    You really MUST reward yourself with this.

cauliflower.jpg

lol... the cauliflower or the guy. I'll take the bouquet of cauliflower, but the guy is a little young for my taste :wink:
  • native2music
    Options
    A new wardrobe and a makeover, I think. Being able to shop for clothes in a "regular" store without seeing Plus Size on the tag will be wonderful.

couldn't agree more!
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    A new wardrobe definitely. Crop tops, bikinis, tight fitting clothing, sleeveless tops, etc. I could go on and on.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a new dress and heels from modcloth.com and go skydiving.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wanna be so skinny that I can shop in the childrens' section of clothing stores, it will be very economical.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been treating myself with a few pieces of clothing here and there. Workout clothes, dresses and skinny jeans! I feel a little selfish that I didn't even think about donating money as an award for myself. I have passed along clothing that is too big so that counts. I say get yourself a little something to motivate you!
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a new dress and heels from modcloth.com and go skydiving.

love Modcloth!
  • native2music
    Options
    The standard response... A real bathing suit (not a tankini or shorts and t-shirt (not even going to dream about a bikini (yet?))).

P.S. Not to stir up any animosity... But if you decide to give out your $100 (which is a great idea), please consider donating it to an organization of you choice instead. I know there are those less fortunate who are homeless who need the money, but I also know there are those who take the money and use it for drugs and/or alcohol. If the homeless is who you are drawn to help, then maybe The Salvation Army.

Great idea! I saw a homeless girl the other day and she had a sign offering to work. I was at a stop light and the look on her face broke my heart. I actually rolled down my window to apologize that I didn't have anything to help her out. She offered me a humble smile and said, "thank you." I drove off in tears. If I would've had cash or was an employer, I would have offered her both. I completely understand about the drugs and alcohol. I see a lot of it in the hospital I work. She showed no physical signs of either, but then again I could've been oblivious to it.