10 mile run.

Options
Gah, I'm so happy right now. I finally am able to say I can run 10 miles without stopping. I did so last Wednesday and am honestly so proud of myself. I just wanted to let it out :)

I used to not be able to run a lap without feeling like I was going to die...so hopefully I can provide some inspiration to anyone who wants to become a runner! It's a very rewarding thing to be.

Replies

• jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Very cool! You are an inspiration! I am working in that direction too. I have ran a bit over five miles without stopping so far. Thanks for sharing and great job! :)
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I am just getting started and that gives me some hope!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! Keep on trucking!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats awesome! I am working on 2 miles right now
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Hopefully I can get there! I've gotten to the point now where I can run 2 pretty comfortably. I even ran 3.1 last weekend! Personal record but haven't been able to do it again! hahahaha

I'm training for a half marathon thats going to be in February and this was week 1 for training! Its seeming PRETTY impossible right now! I have to keep reminding myself that this is just the beginning and that I need to stay positive and be patient! lol
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I used to not be able to run a lap without feeling like I was going to die...so hopefully I can provide some inspiration to anyone who wants to become a runner! It's a very rewarding thing to be.
    Definitely inspiring. I'm planning on starting the C25k program soon because I want to get into running. Do you have any advice?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Gah, I'm so happy right now. I finally am able to say I can run 10 miles without stopping. I did so last Wednesday and am honestly so proud of myself. I just wanted to let it out :)

Well now you done ya 10 miles!!! WTG OP!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

and yes, you are inspiring because I know, first hand, just how bloody hard you have to work to be able to do that in the first place.

Only trouble is, you are now hopelessly addicted :laugh: (me too, I dunno why I am laughing to be honest, but I think we both love running to bits :laugh: )
  • Flagirlof3
    Flagirlof3 Posts: 86
    Options
    OMG I Bet You are Happy I'm only at 7M now but I will get there! Congrats :)
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    My best advice would be to just run. Get out the door every day and just go. Forget you're running, learn to love it. Just run.
  • Irisvguitar
    Irisvguitar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you?
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! I remember the first time I did 1 mile - and 2 - and 3 - but 10, wow! You're amazing!
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    It took me 1:34:30 to be exact haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!