Bored of your oatmeal?

Options
I just wanted to share my go to Oatmeal recipe. I have this almost every day. It curbs my sweet tooth and gives me tons of energy! It usually fills me up until lunch, but I'm very active so sometimes I do need a snack in between breakfast and lunch.

Anyway, here's what you'll need:

1.) Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (1 cup)

2.) 1 banana

3.) .5-1 cup blueberries (or whatever berry/fruit you want)

4.) Natural peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)

5.) Rolled oats

Here's what you need to do:

First, bring the almond milk to a boil and add in your dry oats. (I use the kind that can be cooked in 5 minutes) While that's cooking take half of your banana and mash it up! Then add in a small amount of the blueberries to the mashed banana (I don't mash the berries though)

When the oats are about 3 minutes away from being done, stir in the mashed bananas and berries. Let it cook the rest of the 5 minutes.

When your oatmeal is cooked put it into your bowl, top with remaining berries (and/or the other half of your banana) and drizzle 1-2 tabel spoons of natural peanut butter on top. My favorite peanut butter is by the brand Brad's...I find it at Costco!

The mashed banana adds so much flavor to the oats, and of course adding peanut butter is always a good idea. This is a super easy breakfast that only takes around 10 minutes to make! I highly recommend. :] Let me know what you think if you decide to try it!

Replies

• nanlan50
    nanlan50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy...Do you have the total calorie count for it? I may give it a try tomorrow for breakfast!
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good, have been eating oatmeal a few times a week since starting MFP and it's just not
    sweet enough, so maybe adding the banana is the trick and of course it can't hurt to add PB too. Thanks
    for sharing this!
  • lovejenny333
    Options
    OMG delicious. Can't wait to try this.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Well I only use half of the banana for my oatmeal, and always use 1/2 cup of blueberries. This being said my bowl of oatmeal hits around 387 calories. Don't forget you can decrease this by cooking your oatmeal in water, using less almond milk, etc.