60lbs/6 months & 43lbs/3.5 months

Options
Hello Everyone,
I'm Daren. I'm 36 & I'm overweight & not liking myself right now. I'm in the military & currently deployed. I've been here for 2.5 months now & have lost 17 pounds. The first 30 days, i didn't change a thing. Ate the bad fried foods, drank soda all day long. I started hitting the gym the last few weeks & changed to a salad, sandwich & grilled chicken diet that seems to be working pretty well. Here's my daily break down.

Breakfast: Bowl of raisin bran church, banana & OJ
Lunch: Turkey lettuce & mustard on wheat sandwich, 1 bag of 100 Calorie chips, 1 diet coke
Dinner: Lettuce, grilled chicken, onion, pepper salad & 1 cookie for dinner, water

Gym:
Every morning before breakfast I do the treadmill for 60 minutes. 15% incline & speed is set from 4.0 to 4.5. I burn roughly 1200 to 1400 calories. Then I do a few sets of pushups & sit ups. (Practice for my pt test)

Every night before bed, I repeat the morning workout. I'm trying to burn the fat & calories as fast as possible. I want the weight to be gone before I start weight lifting. I go home in Nov so I have some work to do. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

<<--That is the picture of me 2 May 2013 as i was getting on the plane to deploy. The next picture i post will be me at 200lbs

Replies

• dmanson2
    dmanson2 Posts: 134
    Options
    As of this mornings weigh in. I've lost 20lbs. Yeah yeah
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good Job!:happy:
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! There's tons of info on this site, hope it comes to great use. Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Every night before bed, I repeat the morning workout. I'm trying to burn the fat & calories as fast as possible. I want the weight to be gone before I start weight lifting. I go home in Nov so I have some work to do. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Hey Daren,
    Good job so far. I gained a bunch of weight while I was in Afghanistan a few years back. I've got a couple fat pics of my in my ACUs. The food wasn't great, but I always seemed to be looking forward to it. I didn't miss many meals. You're doing the right thing by taking care of it now.

I've been losing weight since January and most of it because I cut calories. I waited and started my walks until I lost 30 lbs or so. I also waited until just recently to start lifting weights. I kinda wish I started both of them sooner.

Are you using the MFP app or the diary on the site? They really helped me.
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and thanks for all your doing for us!
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow seems like you knew what you wanted to get done and jumped right at it! Seems like a really good routine you have, don't forget to mix up meals and workouts so you don't get too bored of them.

But what you are doing will get you where you want to be, keep it up!
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Thanks for the comments lmbs1966, FunnyBunnyHun, KevinS62, Thatsdatdiva6, Grenon. It's really really hard to watch what you eat while you're here. Working 12 hour days in the heat and having the DFAC (Chow Hall) right next door to my office makes it even harder. I smell all the fried foods & bbq cooking all day long & i'm stuck eating a salad. lol

The longer i go without, the less i crave those items tho'. But when coworkers bring over their lunch and i'm eating like a bunny... It just sucks. lol
  • dmanson2
    Options
    As of this mornings weigh in. I've lost 25lbs. Yeah yeah

Took a little longer than I wanted, but 5lbs is still 5lbs. Didn't want it to take 10 days but I had a couple bad food choice days. :( but I am now back on track. 35 more to go.
  • dmanson2
    Options
    As of this mornings weigh in, I've lost 30lbs.

Half way to my goal. Yeah yeah!!!
  • MsFunkyfit
    MsFunkyfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awsome Job way to Work!!! So since i've switched my eating to High Protein low carbs by way of grain I've really seen a difference. I do pretty hard work outs and all the protein helps with healing of my muscles so it's a double win. Sugestion when you smell bbq you can eat just stick to the chicken or turkey pattys. I know not as fun but its still damn good! You can do this Sweetie just keep on pushing on b/c you're killing it! And thanks for your Service :) Best of Luck and if you need any positve peps feel free to add me ;)
  • zombiified
    Options
    nice job:)
  • dmanson2
    Options
    As of this mornings weigh in, I've lost 36lbs.

The 6lbs took 8 days.
  • dmanson2
    Options
    As of this mornings weigh in, I've lost 40lbs of fat/lard/junk off of my body.
    From 260, down to 220. :) 1 mini goal of 210 & my main goal off 200 should be coming soon.
    Then its time to reevaluate.